Daniel Buner Formo
Background and activities
Daniel has a doctoral degree in artistc research, as well as a master’s degree in Music performance from NTNU Department of Music.
The doctoral project explored spoken language as material and starting point for making improvised music, focusing on the great variety of musical expression across speech genres, and on the link between improvised conversation and ensemble playing.
- MUSP4328 - Composition Jazz B
- MUST2051 - Sound Art
- MUST2061 - Bachelor's Thesis: Music Technology in Communication with the Audience
- MUSP4338 - Composition Jazz C
- MUST1050 - Basic Music Technology 1
- MUSP4318 - Composition Jazz A
- MUST3050 - Master's Thesis in Creative Music Technology
- MCT4090 - Master's Thesis in Music, Communication and Technology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The Orchestra of Speech - a speech-based instrument system. Proceedings of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
- (2021) Her er vi. Her er vi
- (2021) Live performance, Parken Kulturhus, Ålesund. Steamdome
- (2021) Recording. Steamdome II - The Hypogean
- (2020) The Orchestra of Speech, a performance and installation. The Orchestra of Speech
- (2019) The Orchestra of Speech - Sound installation for New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival. The Orchestra of Speech
- (2018) Orchestra of Speech på InnerSound New Arts Festival, Bucuresti. Orchestra of Speech
- (2018) Releasekonsert Arrival Hall, Alpaca Ensemble/Dog & Sky. Arrival Hall
- (2017) The Orchestra of Speech - Final presentation of Artistic Results. null
- (2017) Forskningskosert Dokkhuset. null
- (2016) Konsert med The Soundbyte Festival Internacional Chihuahua 2016 (Mexico). The Soundbyte at FICH 2016
- (2016) Konsert med Orchestra of Speech på Harpefoss poesifestival 2016. Orchestra of Speech #1
- (2016) Konsert og seminar: Speech Music Symposium. Orchestra of Speech #2
- (2020) Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Live Interfaces. 2020. ISBN 0026639041.
- (2018) The Music of Language and Language of Music. 2018.