Daniel Buner Formo
Background and activities
Daniel has a doctoral degree in artistc research, as well as a master’s degree in Music performance from NTNU Department of Music.
The doctoral project explored spoken language as material and starting point for making improvised music, focusing on the great variety of musical expression across speech genres, and on the link between improvised conversation and ensemble playing.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The Orchestra of Speech - a speech-based instrument system. Proceedings of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
- (2019) The Orchestra of Speech - Sound installation for New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival. The Orchestra of Speech
- (2018) Orchestra of Speech på InnerSound New Arts Festival, Bucuresti. Orchestra of Speech
- (2018) Releasekonsert Arrival Hall, Alpaca Ensemble/Dog & Sky. Arrival Hall
- (2017) The Orchestra of Speech - Final presentation of Artistic Results. null
- (2017) Forskningskosert Dokkhuset. null
- (2016) Konsert med The Soundbyte Festival Internacional Chihuahua 2016 (Mexico). The Soundbyte at FICH 2016
- (2016) Konsert med Orchestra of Speech på Harpefoss poesifestival 2016. Orchestra of Speech #1
- (2016) Konsert og seminar: Speech Music Symposium. Orchestra of Speech #2
- (2018) The Music of Language and Language of Music. 2018.