Background and activities
Main Research Activities:
- Next Generation Internet
- Cloud/Edge/Fog Computing
- Distributed Systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A network design algorithm for multicast communication architectures in smart transmission grids. Electric power systems research. vol. 187.
- (2020) Autonomous IoT Device Management Systems: Structured Review and Generalized Cognitive Model. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. vol. 8 (6).
- (2020) Operationalizing Solar Energy Predictions for Sustainable, Autonomous IoT Device Management. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. vol. 7 (12).
- (2019) An IP Multicast Framework for Routable Sample Value Communication in Transmission Grids. Journal of Communications. vol. 14 (9).
- (2019) An assessment of IoT via satellite: Technologies, services and possibilities. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress. vol. 2019-October.
- (2019) Cruising the marginal ice zone: climate change and Arctic tourism. Polar Geography. vol. 42 (4).
- (2019) Adaptive, Correlation-Based Training Data Selection for IoT Device Management. 2019 Sixth International Conference on Internet of Things: Systems, Management and Security (IOTSMS).
- (2019) typEm: a generative typeface that represents the emotion of the text. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Digital and Interactive Arts.
- (2018) Enabling the Maritime Internet of Things: CoAP and 6LoWPAN performance over VHF links. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. vol. 5 (6).
- (2018) Enabling the Internet of Arctic Things with Freely-Drifting Small-Satellite Swarms. IEEE Access.
- (2018) Survey on Communication and Networks for Autonomous Marine Systems. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2018) Freely Drifting Small-Satellite Swarms for Sensor Networks in the Arctic. Third International Congress on Information and Communication Technology..
- (2017) Fog Computing in Healthcare – A Review and Discussion. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles as Data Mules: An Experimental Assessment. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) Solar Energy Prediction for Constrained IoT Nodes based on Public Weather Forecasts. IoT 2017: the Seventh International Conference on the Internet of Things.
- (2017) CityFlow, enabling quality of service in the Internet: Opportunities, challenges, and experimentation. Proceedings of the IM 2017 - 2017 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management.
- (2016) Edge caching with mobility prediction in virtualized LTE mobile networks. Future generations computer systems. vol. 70.
- (2016) A mobile follow-me cloud content caching model. Proceedings of NOMS 2016 - 2016 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- (2016) Enabling a Mobility Prediction-Aware Follow-Me Cloud Model. Proceedings 2016 IEEE 41st Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN) 2016.