Background and activities
We develope novel modalities against viral diseases.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) DrugVirus.info 2.0: an integrative data portal for broad-spectrum antivirals (BSA) and BSA-containing drug combinations (BCCs). Nucleic Acids Research (NAR).
- (2022) Mono- and combinational drug therapies for global viral pandemic preparedness. iScience. vol. 25 (4).
- (2022) Recapitulating hepatitis E virus-host interactions and facilitating antiviral drug discovery in human liver-derived organoids. Science Advances. vol. 8 (3).
- (2021) Nafamostat–interferon-α combination suppresses sars-cov-2 infection in vitro and in vivo by cooperatively targeting host tmprss2. Viruses. vol. 13:1768 (9).
- (2021) Synergistic interferon-alpha-based combinations for treatment of sars-cov-2 and other viral infections. Viruses. vol. 13:2489 (12).
- (2021) Active components of commonly prescribed medicines affect influenza a virus–host cell interaction: A pilot study. Viruses. vol. 13 (8).
- (2021) Epitope-resolved profiling of the SARS-CoV-2 antibody response identifies cross-reactivity with endemic human coronaviruses. Cell Reports Medicine. vol. 2 (1).
- (2021) Ivermectin effectively inhibits hepatitis E virus replication, requiring the host nuclear transport protein importin α1. Archives of Virology. vol. 166 (7).
- (2021) Screening of FDA-Approved Drugs Using a MERS-CoV Clinical Isolate from South Korea Identifies Potential Therapeutic Options for COVID-19. Viruses.
- (2021) Computational Drug Repositioning and Experimental Validation of Ivermectin in Treatment of Gastric Cancer. Frontiers in Pharmacology. vol. 12.
- (2021) Neural signaling modulates metabolism of gastric cancer. iScience. vol. 24 (2).
- (2021) Drug Combinations as a First Line of Defense against Coronaviruses and Other Emerging Viruses. mBio. vol. 12 (6).
- (2021) A new high-content screening assay of the entire hepatitis B virus life cycle identifies novel antivirals. JHEP Reports. vol. 3 (4).
- (2020) Discovery and development of safe-in-man broad-spectrum antiviral agents. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 93.
- (2020) Drug screening identifies gemcitabine inhibiting rotavirus through alteration of pyrimidine nucleotide synthesis pathway. Antiviral Research. vol. 180.
- (2020) Chemical, Physical and Biological Triggers of Evolutionary Sonserved Bcl-xL-Mediated Apoptosis. Cancers. vol. 12 (6).
- (2020) Identification and Tracking of Antiviral Drug Combinations. Viruses. vol. 12 (10).
- (2020) Potential Antiviral Options against SARS-CoV-2 Infection. Viruses. Viruses.
- (2020) Drug screening identified gemcitabine inhibiting hepatitis E virus by inducing interferon-like response via activation of STAT1 phosphorylation. Antiviral Research. vol. 184:104967.
- (2019) Novel antiviral activities of obatoclax, emetine, niclosamide, brequinar, and homoharringtonine. Viruses. vol. 11 (10).