Dina Margrethe Aspen
Background and activities
Dina Margrethe Aspen is an Associate Professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Faculty of Economics and Management, Department of International Business. She is head of the Sustainability Analytics arena for research and education at NTNU in Ålesund.
She is the founder member of the Sustainability Analytics research arena, which aims to develop data-driven decision support tools for sustainable development by combining data analysis, sustainability analysis, and decision analysis. The arena is a collaboration between the Department of International Business and the Department of ICT and Natural Sciences at NTNU in Ålesund.
Her research focuses on integrated sustainability appraisals addressing issues within transport and mobility, production and consumption, pollution prevention, and waste management. Aspen has developed and led several projects within smart, sustainable mobility at the city and regional levels.
Aspen was born in Trondheim, Norway. She has two BSc degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Political Science, a MSc degree in Industrial Ecology, and a Ph.D. in Industrial Economy and Technology Management from NTNU.
- IE501988 - Sustainability Analytics
- IØ8504 - Theory and Methods in Systems Approaches to Sustainability
- AL302030 - Sustainability management
- AI521316 - Sustainable Business Development
- AV600320 - Capacity building in sustainability and environmental management
- AV600520 - Capacity Building in Sustainability and Environmental Management
- AM512030 - Sustainability Analytics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Developing a Participatory Planning Support System for Sustainable Regional Planning — A Problem Structuring Case Study. Sustainability. vol. 13 (10).
- (2021) Applying System-Oriented Sustainability Scoring for Cruise Traffic Port Operators: A Case Study of Geiranger, Norway. Sustainability. vol. 13 (11).
- (2020) Evaluating alternative energy carriers in ferry transportation using a stochastic multi-criteria decision analysis approach. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 86.
- (2018) Application of systems engineering to structuring acquisition decisions for marine emission reduction technologies. Systems Engineering. vol. 21 (4).
- (2015) Review of methods for sustainability appraisals in ship acquisition. Environment Systems and Decisions. vol. 35 (3).
- (2015) Assessing air emissions for uncertain life-cycle scenarios via responsive systems comparison method. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 229 (4).
- (2013) Systems engineering as a holistic approach to life cycle designs. Ocean Engineering. vol. 62.