Course - Sustainability Analytics - AM512030
AM512030 - Sustainability Analytics
New from the academic year 2021/2022
This course introduces Sustainability Analytics (SA), a new interdisciplinary research field, which aims to offer data-driven decision support for sustainable development of operations in private and public sectors. The digital transformation with its changes through combination of information, computing, communication and connectivity technologies, offers new possibilities for developing data-driven machine learning solutions to support the creation of decision support systems and guide the industry in a more sustainable direction.
This course is interdisciplinar, combining courses on artificial intelligence (e.g., machine learning), data science, sustainability science, and decision science.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to have the following knowledge and skills:
- Be able to explain in detail central concepts, technologies and algorithms proposed for sustainability analytics
- Be familiar with important applications of sustainability analytics.
- Understand specific challenges and proposed solutions related to the management of large volumes of data in sustainability analytics applications
- Clearly explain problems, algorithms, and their formulas
- Qualitatively and quantitatively compare the characteristics, (dis)advantages, formulas, and performance of a number of key algorithms
- Design and implement effective solutions based on chosen algorithms, to solve practical problems
Learning methods and activities
Interactive lectures, self-study, pen-and-paper exercises, computer exercises, and project work.
Further on evaluation
There will be no re-sit exam in this course. If students want to improve their grade on the next ordinary exam, they only need to submit the final report.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
International Business and Marketing (860MIB)
Course literature will be announced at the start of the course.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: SPRING 2022
Language of instruction: English
- Economics and Administration
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"