Background and activities
Prof. Duan Chen (MD, PhD) is Principal Investigator of Research Group of Experimental Surgery and Pharmacology at Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU. He graduated from University of Lund, Sweden and is a professor at NTNU. He is member of Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences and the Academy of Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters. He is past-chairman of Gastrointestinal Section of International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR). He is Associate Editor at Fronteirs in Pharmacology. He is Councilor of International Regulatory Peptide Society (IRPS).
Please see the links below for more details about his research
- MOL3100 - Introduction to Molecular Medicine with Project
- MOL8001 - Molecular Physiology: Mechanisms and Methods
- MOL3000 - Introduction to Molecular Medicine
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Computational Drug Repositioning and Experimental Validation of Ivermectin in Treatment of Gastric Cancer. Frontiers in Pharmacology. vol. 12.
- (2021) Neural signaling modulates metabolism of gastric cancer. iScience. vol. 24 (2).
- (2021) Chemopreventive Effects of Dietary Isothiocyanates in Animal Models of Gastric Cancer and Synergistic Anticancer Effects With Cisplatin in Human Gastric Cancer Cells. Frontiers in Pharmacology. vol. 12.
- (2020) Regulatory peptides and systems biology: A new era of translational and reverse-translational neuroendocrinology. Journal of neuroendocrinology. vol. 00:e12844.
- (2020) Hypergastrinemia Expands Gastric ECL Cells Through CCK2R Progenitor Cells via ERK Activation. Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH). vol. 10 (2).
- (2019) PYY plays a key role in the resolution of diabetes following bariatric surgery in humans. EBioMedicine. vol. 40.
- (2018) Innervating Prostate Cancer. New England Journal of Medicine. vol. 378 (7).
- (2018) Sitagliptin and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass modulate insulin secretion via regulation of intra-islet PYY. Diabetes, obesity and metabolism. vol. 20 (3).
- (2018) New approaches for weight loss: Experiments using animal models. Current pharmaceutical design. vol. 24 (18).
- (2018) 390 - A New Treatment for Pancreatic Cancer: Targeting Nervecancer Cell Crosstalk. Gastroenterology. vol. 154.
- (2017) Nerve growth factor promotes gastric tumorigenesis through aberrant cholinergic signaling. Cancer Cell. vol. 31 (1).
- (2017) Time-restricted feeding on weekdays restricts weight gain: A study using rat models of high-fat diet-induced obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 173.
- (2016) Vagal blocking for obesity control: a possible mechanism-of-action. Obesity Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) A Potential New Regimen (“Tricyclie”) for Treatment of Gastric Cancer: Targeting Glutamine-Dependent Wnt/β-Catenin-mTOR Signaling. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Intragastric Injection of Botulinum Toxin a to Treat Obesity: Mechanism of Action and a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial With Open-Label Extension Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Neural innervation stimulates splenic TFF2 to arrest myeloid cell expansion and cancer. Nature Communications. vol. 7 (10517).
- (2016) Steady-state energy balance in animal models of obesity and weight loss. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Vagotomy and gastric tumorigenesis. Current Neuropharmacology. vol. 14 (8).
- (2016) PYY-Dependent Restoration of Impaired Insulin and Glucagon Secretion in Type 2 Diabetes following Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. Cell reports. vol. 15 (5).
- (2016) Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Restores Impaired Islet Architecture and Function in Type-2 Diabetes by Elevation of Plasma PYY. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).