Background and activities
Prof. Duan Chen (MD, PhD) is Principal Investigator of Research Group of Experimental Surgery and Pharmacology at Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU. He graduated from University of Lund, Sweden and is a professor at NTNU. He is members of Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences and the Academy of Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters. He is past-chairman of Gastrointestinal Section of International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR). He is Editor of Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology.
Please see the links below for more details about his research
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) PYY plays a key role in the resolution of diabetes following bariatric surgery in humans. EBioMedicine.
- (2018) Innervating Prostate Cancer. New England Journal of Medicine. vol. 378 (7).
- (2018) Sitagliptin and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass modulate insulin secretion via regulation of intra-islet PYY. Diabetes, obesity and metabolism. vol. 20 (3).
- (2018) New approaches for weight loss: Experiments using animal models. Current pharmaceutical design. vol. 24 (18).
- (2018) 390 - A New Treatment for Pancreatic Cancer: Targeting Nervecancer Cell Crosstalk. Gastroenterology. vol. 154.
- (2017) Nerve growth factor promotes gastric tumorigenesis through aberrant cholinergic signaling. Cancer Cell. vol. 31 (1).
- (2017) Time-restricted feeding on weekdays restricts weight gain: A study using rat models of high-fat diet-induced obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 173.
- (2016) A Potential New Regimen (“Tricyclie”) for Treatment of Gastric Cancer: Targeting Glutamine-Dependent Wnt/β-Catenin-mTOR Signaling. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Intragastric Injection of Botulinum Toxin a to Treat Obesity: Mechanism of Action and a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial With Open-Label Extension Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Neural innervation stimulates splenic TFF2 to arrest myeloid cell expansion and cancer. Nature Communications. vol. 7 (10517).
- (2016) Vagal blocking for obesity control: a possible mechanism-of-action. Obesity Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) Steady-state energy balance in animal models of obesity and weight loss. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Vagotomy and gastric tumorigenesis. Current Neuropharmacology. vol. 14 (8).
- (2016) PYY-Dependent Restoration of Impaired Insulin and Glucagon Secretion in Type 2 Diabetes following Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. Cell reports. vol. 15 (5).
- (2016) Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Restores Impaired Islet Architecture and Function in Type-2 Diabetes by Elevation of Plasma PYY. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Possible mechanism-of-action of naturally occurring isothiocyanates in chemoprevention and adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer. Gastroenterology.
- (2015) 565Glutamine Metabolism As a Therapeutic Target for Gastric Cancer: Effects of Vagotomy Gastroenterology,Volume 148, Issue 4, Supplement 1, April 2015, Pages S-565–S-566. Gastroenterology. vol. 148 (4).
- (2015) Effect of netazepide, a gastrin/CCK2 receptor antagonist, on gastric acid secretion and rabeprazole-induced hypergastrinaemia in healthy subjectshypergastrinaemia in healthy subjects. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 79 (5).
- (2015) NGF Promotes Gastrointestinal Cancer Development Through Tumor-Associated Neurogenesis. Gastroenterology. vol. 148 (4).
- (2015) CCK2R identifies and regulates gastric antral stem cell states and carcinogenesis. Gut. vol. 64 (4).