Egil Andreas Fors
Background and activities
Professor (MD/PhD) and specialist in general practice and psychiatry. Clinical physician chronic pain, chronic fatigue and complex symptom disorders.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Barriers and Facilitators for Implementing Motivational Interviewing as a Return to Work Intervention in a Norwegian Social Insurance Setting: A Mixed Methods Process Evaluation. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2021) Kynurenine metabolites and ratios differ between chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and healthy controls. Psychoneuroimmunology.
- (2021) Health, Work, and Family Strain – Psychosocial Experiences at the Early Stages of Long-Term Sickness Absence. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2021) Workplace flexibility important for part-time sick leave selection—an exploratory cross-sectional study of long-term sick listed in Norway. BMC Public Health.
- (2020) Definition and Characteristics of Behavioral Medicine, and Main Tasks and Goals of the International Society of Behavioral Medicine—an International Delphi Study. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- (2020) Sick-listed workers’ experiences with motivational interviewing in the return to work process: a qualitative interview study. BMC Public Health. vol. 20 (276).
- (2020) (Abstract) Fibromyalgia 2016 criteria and assessments:comprehensive validation in a Norwegian population. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. vol. 38.
- (2020) Fibromyalgia 2016 criteria and assessments: comprehensive validation in a Norwegian population. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 20 (4).
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 46 (4).
- (2020) MCP-1 is increased in patients with CFS and FM, whilst several other immune markers are significantly lower than healthy controls. Brain, Behavior, & Immunity - Health. vol. 4.
- (2020) Complex return to work process – caseworkers’ experiences of facilitating return to work for individuals on sick leave due to musculoskeletal disorders. BMC Public Health. vol. 20.
- (2020) Subgroups of long-term sick-listed based on prognostic return to work factors across diagnoses – A cross-sectional latent class analysis. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2020) Pain acceptance and its impact on function and symptoms in fibromyalgia. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 20 (4).
- (2019) Immunopsychiatry in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. vol. 37 (1).
- (2019) Patients with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome show increased hsCRP compared to healthy controls. Brain, behavior, and immunity. vol. 81.
- (2019) Neuropsychological dysfunction in chronic fatigue syndrome and the relation between objective and subjective findings. Neuropsychology. vol. 33 (5).
- (2019) The IASP classification of chronic pain for ICD-11: applicability in primary care. Pain. vol. 160 (1).
- (2018) Motivational interviewing in long-term sickness absence: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial followed by qualitative and economic studies. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (756).
- (2018) Pilot field testing of the chronic pain classification for ICD-11: The results of ecological coding. BMC Public Health. vol. 18:1239.
- (2018) The acceptance and commitment therapy model in occupational rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and common mental disorders: a qualitative focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation.