Background and activities
Eivind Schjelderup Skarpsno is a phd-candidate at the Department of Public Health and General Practice. He is a part of the research groups “Muscle-skeletal” and “Epidemiology”. He is also a university lecturer at the department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science and EPINOR representative (National Research School in Population Based Epidemiology).
- Epidemiology focusing on lifestyle factors
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Occupational research
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain, work demands and risk of insomnia
- Fatigue and insomnia
- The association between sleep problems and disability pension
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Do physical activity and body mass index modify the association between chronic musculoskeletal pain and insomnia? Longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Sleep Research.
- (2017) Sleep positions and nocturnal body movements based on free-living accelerometer recordings: association with demographics, lifestyle, and insomnia symptoms. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 9.
- (2017) Objectively measured occupational and leisure-time physical activity: cross-sectional associations with sleep problems. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health.