Background and activities
I work as a resarcher at the MEATigation project, led by Dr. Sophia Efstathiou at the Department of Philosophy and Religous Studies. MEATigation: Towards sustainable meat-use in Norwegian food practices for climate mitigation is a research project funded by the Norwegian Research Council KLIMAFORSK programme (2020-2024). We consider meat as culture and explore how meat is founded in social practices that weave together meanings, identities and values; competences, skills and professions; materials, animals and landscapes that all go into making meat. My part in the project is to map and analyse intersecting indigenous and gender perspectives within existing meat cultures in Norway.
I am working as a postdoctoral researcher in connection with the project Norway as a sea nation, led by professor Anne Trine Kjørholt. My project, 'Narratives of integration and belonging in coastal communities' explore knowledge and work as markers of identity and belonging at specific coastal sites in northern Norway. I'm particularly interested in looking at knowledge and belonging in areas in Northern Norway where there has been a mixed population of Sámi, Kven and Norwegian. My goal is to explore integration, multiculturalism and belonging, and look at how the understandings of these phenomena historically can shed light also on contemporary migration and belonging in coastal communities.
I completed my doctoral thesis called Au pairing in Norway. The production of a (non-) worker in 2015, at the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture at the Centre for Gender Studies, NTNU. For the past few years I've worked at KUN, a Norwegian NGO doing equality- and anti-discrimination work. I've focussed in particular on issues concerning hate speech and discrimination, violence against women, sexuality education, and lgbti-issues (working on three different projects that focus on queer migrants, unaccompanied minor asylum seekers, and lgbti-youth in rural and Sámi areas).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Diskriminering og sosial ekskludering av skeive med innvandrerbakgrunn. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning. vol. 44 (2).
- (2020) Voldsutsatthet blant skeive med innvandrerbakgrunn. Vold i nære relasjoner i et mangfoldig Norge.
- (2019) Skeive livsløp. En kvalitativ studie av levekår og sammensatte identiteter blant lhbtis-personer i Norge. 2019. ISBN 9788273217660. Nordlandsforskning rapport (2019).
- (2019) Starry starry night. Fantasies of homogeneity in documentary films about Kvens and Norwegian-Pakistanis. Undoing Homogeneity in the Nordic Region: Migration, Difference and the Politics of Solidarity..
- (2019) The Emotional Politics of Representations of Migrant Domestic Work in Lebanon. Middle East Critique. vol. 28 (4).
- (2019) Alene og skeiv. En studie av livssituasjonen for skeive enslige mindreårige asylsøkere i omsorgssentre og asylmottak. 2019. ISBN 978-82-92038-09-3.
- (2019) A wager for life: Queer children seeking asylum in Norway. Nordic Journal of Migration Research. vol. 9 (4).
- (2018) Levekår blant skeive med innvandrerbakgrunn i Norge. 2018. NF-rapport (09/2018).
- (2018) Gendered Citizenship and the Politics of Representation. NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research. vol. 26 (3).
- (2018) The Istanbul Convention - The Nordic Way. The Nordic Countries’ Implementation of a selection of paragraphs in The Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence. 2018. ISBN 978-82-92038-08-6.
- (2018) Den eneste skeive i bygda? Unge lhbt-personers bruk av kommunale helsetjenester. 2018. ISBN 978-82-92038-10-9.
- (2018) Becoming Queer after Homotolerance: Youth Affective Worlds. Youth Sexualities. Public Feelings and Contemporary Cultural Politics.
- (2018) Skeive ungdommers identitetsarbeid: SKAM etter homotoleransen. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning. vol. 42 (3).
- (2017) Styrking av seksualitetsundervisning i skolen. En evalueringsrapport om bruken av seksualitetsundervisningsopplegget "Uke 6". 2017. ISBN 978-82-92038-06-2.
- (2016) Hate speech, report 2. Research on hate and discrimination. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7763-540-8. Rapport – Institutt for samfunnsforskning (2016:21).
- (2016) Hatefulle ytringer. Delrapport 2: Forskning på hat og diskriminering. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7763-529-3. Rapport – Institutt for samfunnsforskning (2016:15).
- (2016) From intimate relations to citizenship? Au pairing and the potential for citizenship in Norway. Paid Migrant Domestic Labour in a Changing Europe. Questions of Gender Equality and Citizenship.
- (2015) Au Pairing in Norway. The Production of a (Non-) Worker. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-0802-7.
- (2015) Framing the Au Pair: Problems of Sex, Work and Motherhood in Norwegian Au Pair Documentaries. NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research. vol. 23 (2).
- (2015) 'It's Not Much': Affective (Boundary) Work in the Au Pair Scheme. Au Pairs' Lives in Global Context. Sisters or Servants?.