Background and activities
Espen R. Jakobsen has been a professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2008. He is currently the leader of the Differential Equations and Numerical Analysis (DNA) research group at the department.
Partial differential equations, non-local and fractional equations, numerical methods, mathematical analysis, numerical analysis, stochastic processes, control theory, mathematical finance, and mathematical modeling.
- Preprints of all publications
- Information for prospective Master/PhD students
- My teaching
- CV, projects, prizes etc.
see my webpage https://folk.ntnu.no/erj/index.html
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) On nonlocal quasilinear equations and their local limits. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 262 (6).
- (2017) On numerical density approximations of solutions of SDEs with unbounded coefficients. Advances in Computational Mathematics.
- (2017) Uniqueness and properties of distributional solutions of nonlocal equations of porous medium type. Advances in Mathematics. vol. 305.
- (2014) Optimal Continuous Dependence Estimates for Fractional Degenerate Parabolic Equations. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis. vol. 213 (3).
- (2014) On Neumann type problems for nonlocal equations set in a half space. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 366 (9).
- (2014) On Neumann and oblique derivatives boundary conditions for nonlocal elliptic equations. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 256 (4).
- (2014) On numerical methods and error estimates for degenerate fractional convection-diffusion equations. Numerische Mathematik. vol. 127 (3).
- (2014) L1 contraction for bounded (nonintegrable) solutions of degenerate parabolic equations. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. vol. 46 (6).
- (2013) Semi-Lagrangian schemes for linear and fully non-linear diffusion equations. Mathematics of Computation. vol. 82 (283).
- (2013) On the spectral vanishing viscosity method for periodic fractional conservation laws. Mathematics of Computation. vol. 82 (283).
- (2012) CONTINUOUS DEPENDENCE ESTIMATES FOR NONLINEAR FRACTIONAL CONVECTION-DIFFUSION EQUATIONS. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. vol. 44 (2).
- (2011) Entropy solution theory for fractional degenerate convection-diffusion equations. Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincare. Analyse non linéar. vol. 28 (3).
- (2011) The discontinuous Galerkin method for fractal conservation laws. IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis. vol. 31 (3).
- (2011) The discontinuous Galerkin method for fractional degenerate convection-diffusion equations. BIT Numerical Mathematics. vol. 51 (4).
- (2010) Viscosity Solutions for a System of Integro-PDEs and Connections to Optimal Switching and Control of Jump-Diffusion Processes. Applied mathematics and optimization. vol. 62 (1).
- (2010) DIFFERENCE-QUADRATURE SCHEMES FOR NONLINEAR DEGENERATE PARABOLIC INTEGRO-PDE. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis. vol. 48 (3).
- (2009) A FINITE ELEMENT LIKE SCHEME FOR INTEGRO-PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL HAMILTON-JACOBI-BELLMAN EQUATIONS. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis. vol. 47 (4).
- (2008) Error estimates for a class of finite difference-quadrature schemes for fully nonlinear degenerate parabolic integro-PDEs. Journal of Hyperbolic Differential Equations. vol. 5.
- (2008) Error estimates for approximate solutions to Bellman equations associated with controlled jump-diffusions. Numerische Mathematik. vol. 110.
- (2008) Continuous dependence results for non-linear Neumann type boundary value problems. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 245 (9).