Espen Robstad Jakobsen
Background and activities
Espen R. Jakobsen has been a professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2008. He is a member of the Differential Equations and Numerical Analysis (DNA) research group, a group he lead for more than 10 years untill 2020.
Partial differential equations, nonlinear/degenerate equations, non-local and fractional equations, numerical methods, mathematical analysis, numerical analysis, stochastic processes, nonlinear diffusion equations, control theory, mean field games, mathematical finance, and mathematical modeling.
- Preprints of all publications
- Information for prospective Master/PhD students
- My teaching
- CV, projects, prizes etc.
see my webpage https://folk.ntnu.no/erj/index.html
- MA8105 - Non-Linear Partial Differential Equations and Sobolev Spaces
- TMA4120 - Mathematics 4K - Complex analysis, differential equations and Fourier analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) On Numerical Approximations of Fractional and Nonlocal Mean Field Games. Foundations of Computational Mathematics.
- (2021) On fractional and nonlocal parabolic Mean Field Games in the whole space. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 301.
- (2021) Evolutionarily stable strategies in stable and periodically fluctuating populations: The Rosenzweig–MacArthur predator–prey model. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 118 (4).
- (2020) The Liouville theorem and linear operators satisfying the maximum principle. Journal des Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées. vol. 142.
- (2019) On the rate of convergence for monotone numerical schemes for nonlocal Isaacs equations. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis. vol. 57 (2).
- (2019) Improved order 1/4 convergence for piecewise constant policy approximation of stochastic control problems. Electronic Communications in Probability. vol. 24 (59).
- (2019) Robust numerical methods for nonlocal (and local) equations of porous medium type. Part I: Theory. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis. vol. 57 (5).
- (2018) L1 semigroup generation for Fokker-Planck operators associated with general Levy driven SDEs. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A. vol. 38 (11).
- (2018) Robust numerical methods for nonlocal (and local) equations of porous medium type. Part II: Schemes and experiments. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis. vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) On nonlocal quasilinear equations and their local limits. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 262 (6).
- (2017) On numerical density approximations of solutions of SDEs with unbounded coefficients. Advances in Computational Mathematics. vol. 44 (3).
- (2017) Sur des solutions distributionnelles de problemes locaux et non locaux de type milieux poreux. Comptes rendus. Mathematique. vol. 355 (11).
- (2017) Uniqueness and properties of distributional solutions of nonlocal equations of porous medium type. Advances in Mathematics. vol. 305.
- (2014) Optimal Continuous Dependence Estimates for Fractional Degenerate Parabolic Equations. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis. vol. 213 (3).
- (2014) On Neumann type problems for nonlocal equations set in a half space. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. vol. 366 (9).
- (2014) On Neumann and oblique derivatives boundary conditions for nonlocal elliptic equations. Journal of Differential Equations. vol. 256 (4).
- (2014) On numerical methods and error estimates for degenerate fractional convection-diffusion equations. Numerische Mathematik. vol. 127 (3).
- (2014) L1 contraction for bounded (nonintegrable) solutions of degenerate parabolic equations. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. vol. 46 (6).
- (2013) Semi-Lagrangian schemes for linear and fully non-linear diffusion equations. Mathematics of Computation. vol. 82 (283).
- (2013) On the spectral vanishing viscosity method for periodic fractional conservation laws. Mathematics of Computation. vol. 82 (283).