Background and activities
Research areas* Industrial Heat Transfer, i.e.
- Heat transfer by convection, conduction and radiation,
- Heat and mass transfer in boiling and condensation,
- Development of heat transfer components, e.g. heat exchangers, thermosyphons, high temperature cooling systems,
- Gas/particle flow with focus on fouling in heat exchangers,
- Hydrogen storage (adsorption/absorption)
TEP 07 - Industrial Heat Engineering (graduate)
TEP 4130 - Heat and Mass Transfer (undergraduate)
EP 8200 - Convective Heat and Mass Transfer (ph.d.)
EP 8201 - Heat Transfer by Conduction and Radiation (ph.d.)
EP 8111 - Heat Exchanger Modeling (ph.d.)
EP 8202 - Advanced Industrial Heat Engineering (ph.d.)
- EP8200 - Convective Heat and Mass Transfer
- TEP4130 - Heat and Mass Transfer
- TEP4525 - Industrial Process Engineering, Specialization Course
- EP8202 - Advanced Industrial Heat Engineering
- TEP4550 - Energy and Process Engineering, Specialization Project
- EP8111 - Heat Exchanger Modeling
- EP8201 - Thermal Radiation and Conduction in Heat Transfer Equipment
- TEP4905 - Industrial Process Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TEP4520 - Industrial Process Engineering, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A novel methodology for design optimization of heat recovery steam generators with flow-induced vibration analysis. Energy. vol. 226.
- (2020) On correction factors in thermal-hydraulic correlations for compact fin-tube bundles. Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 56 (6).
- (2019) Lessons learned after one-year of use of a highly efficient neighbourhood in Norway. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 609:072052 (7).
- (2019) Latent heat storage for centralized heating system in a ZEB living laboratory: integration and design. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352.
- (2018) A validated CFD model of plain and serrated fin-tube bundles. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 143.
- (2018) Numerical modeling of vortex shedding in helically wound finned tube bundles in cross flow. International Heat Transfer Conference (IHTC). vol. 2018.
- (2018) A Machine Learning Approach to Correlation Development Applied to Fin-Tube Bundle Heat Exchangers. Energies. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Analysis of a vertical flat heat pipe using potassium working fluid and a wick of compressed nickel foam. Energies. vol. 9 (3).
- (2016) Numerical model for non-grouted borehole heat exchangers, Part 2?Evaluation. Geothermics. vol. 59.
- (2016) Thermal evaluation of coaxial deep borehole heat exchangers. Renewable Energy. vol. 97.
- (2016) Dampening of wood batch combustion heat release using a phase change material heat storage: Material selection and heat storage property optimization. Energy. vol. 115 (1).
- (2016) Cryogenic adsorption hydrogen storage with enhanced heat distribution - An in-depth investigation. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 41 (21).
- (2015) Performance of compressed nickel foam wicks for flat vertical heat pipes. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 81.
- (2015) Sintered Nickel Powder Wicks for Flat Vertical Heat Pipes. Energies. vol. 8 (4).
- (2015) Adsorption hydrogen storage at cryogenic temperature – material properties and hydrogen ortho-para conversion matters. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 40 (20).
- (2014) Influence of heat source cooling limitation on ORC system layout and working fluid selection: The case og aluminium industry. Light Metals.
- (2013) Stable Heat Release and Distribution from Batch Combustion of Wood. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings.
- (2013) Measurement of the convective moisture transfer coefficient from porous building material surfaces applying a wind tunnel method. Journal of Building Physics. vol. 37 (1).
- (2010) Experimental investigation of heat transfer and pressure drop in serrated-fin tube bundles with staggered tube layouts. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 30 (13).
- (2009) Experimental Analysis of Transient Thermal Behavior in Hydrogen Cryo-Adsorption Storage Systems. Heat Transfer Research. vol. 40 (1).