Background and activities
I have a background as a researcher in microbiology/biotechnology and has since 2011 worked as an HSE advisor at the NV faculty.
- Coordination of HSE work at the NV faculty
- HSE-coordinator for NV-workshops, Research vessel Gunnerus and NTNU SeaLab
- Area contact: Coordination of area/room issues and contact point between faculty and NTNU Property Division
- Emergency preparedness coordinator at the NV faculty
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Anti-microbial and cytotoxic 1,6-dihydroxyphenazine-5,10-dioxide (iodinin) produced by Streptosporangium sp. DSM 45942 isolated from the fjord sediment. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 98 (2).
- (2011) Two-dimensional LC-MS fractioning and cross-matching of mass spectrometric data for rational identification of bioactive compounds in crude extracts. Journal of Separation Science. vol. 34 (23).
- (2010) Production of a new thiopeptide antibiotic, TP-1161, by a marine Nocardiopsis species. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 76 (15).
- (2010) Insights into the Evolution of Macrolactam Biosynthesis through Cloning and Comparative Analysis of the Biosynthetic Gene Cluster for a Novel Macrocyclic Lactam, ML-449. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 76 (1).
- (2009) Biosynthesis of Macrolactam BE-14106 involves two distinct PKS systems and amino acid processing enzymes for generation of the aminoacyl starter unit. Chemistry and Biology. vol. 16 (10).
- (2009) Violacein-producing Collimonas sp. from the sea surface microlayer of costal waters in Trøndelag, Norway. Marine Drugs. vol. 7 (4).
- (2009) Candicidin Biosynthesis Gene Cluster Is Widely Distributed among Streptomyces spp. Isolated from the Sediments and the Neuston Layer of the Trondheim Fjord, Norway. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 75 (10).
- (2008) Actinomycetes from sediments in the Trondheim Fjord, Norway: Diversity and biological activity. Marine Drugs. vol. 6 (1).
- (2008) Characterization of Streptomyces spp. isolated from the sea surface microlayer in the Trondheim fjord, Norway. Marine Drugs. vol. 6 (4).
- (2007) Rare actinomycete bacteria from the shallow water sediments of the Trondheim fjord, Norway: isolation, diversity and biological activity. Environmental Microbiology. vol. 9 (11).
- (2006) Effect of glucose limitation and specific mutations in the module 5 enoyl reductase domains in the nystatin and amphotericin polyketide synthases on polyene macrolide biosynthesis. Archives of Microbiology. vol. 185.
- (2005) Biosynthesis of the polyene macrolide antibiotic nystatin in Streptomyces noursei. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 67.
- (1994) Nucleotide sequence and expression analysis of the Acetobacter xylinum phosphoglucomutase gene. Microbiology.
- (1994) A new gene required for cellulose production and a gene encoding cellulolytic activity in Acetobacter xylinum are colocalized with the bcs operon. Journal of Bacteriology. vol. 176.
- (1989) Cloning of a gene involved in cellulose biosynthesis in Acetobacter xylinum : Complementation of cellulose-negative mutants by the UDPG pyrophosphorylase structural gene. Journal of Bacteriology. vol. 217.
Part of book/report
- (2009) Bacterial cellulose production: Biosynthesis and applications. Microbial production of biopolymers and polymer precursors.