Course - Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) course for master students - HMS0003 - Studies
HMS0003 - Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) course for master students
Examination arrangement: Assignment
|Evaluation form||Weighting||Duration||Examination aids||Grade deviation|
The course deals with:
- Objectives for work with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE).
- Regulations and guidelines concerning HSE-work
- Systematic HSE work
- Reporting of HSE problems and discrepancies
- Risk Assessment
- HSE responsibilities, roles and resources at NTNU and NV-faculty
- Emergency preparedness: what are you going to do and who to notify when something happens?
- Fire protection-theory and practical exercises using fire extinguishing equipment.
- First aid-theory and practical exercises in heart-lung resuscitation and the use of heart starter.
The course does not provide specific training in HSE aimed at various laboratory fields and activities. This training is done by the individual departments.
Students shall have the necessary knowledge about HSE to ensure their own and other people's safety during their study at NTNU. This includes knowledge of the HSE-concept, objectives for the HSE work and how to behave safely in laboratories and during field work.
The theoretical and practical basic training in first aid and fire protection shall provide the students with a basis for correct handling of a fire or accident situation.
Learning methods and activities
Safety lecture (2 hours) first aid, theory and practical exercises (3 hours) fire regulations and protection, including practical exercises (2 hours).
The mandatory activities take place in week 34. Exemption for first aid course is provided only on basis of documented participation in first aid course during the current or previous year.
- Applied Physics and Mathematics: Students with specialization in "Industrial Mathematics" do not need to take the HSE-course.
- Natural Resources Management: Only students with specialization "Biology" have to attend the HSE-course, (i.e. not Geography and Resource Geology students).
- Deltakelse i sikkerhetsforelesning
- Deltakelse i brannvernskurs teori og praktisk øvelse
- Deltakelse i førstehjelpskurs teori og praktisk øvelse
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Applied Physics and Mathematics (MTFYMA)
Aquatic Food Production - Safety and Quality (MSAQFOOD)
Chemical Engineering (MSCHEMENG)
Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (MIKJ)
Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (MTKJ)
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (MSENVITOX)
Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (MSISEE)
Light Metals, Silicon and Ferroalloy Production (MSLISIFER)
Marine Coastal Development (MSMACODEV)
Materials Science and Engineering (MTMT)
Materials Technology (MIMT)
Natural Resources Management (MSNARM)
Natural Science with Teacher Education (MLREAL)
Polymer Technology (MSPOLYTECH)
Recommended previous knowledge
Required previous knowledge
Information will be given in the beginning of the semester at "It's learning".
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2019
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Health, Environment and Safety
- Engineering Subjects
Examination arrangement: Assignment
- Term Status code Evaluation form Weighting Examination aids Date Time Digital exam Room *
- Autumn ORD Assignment 100/100
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"