Background and activities
Faouzi Alaya Cheikh is a Professor of computer science at NTNU.
- BSc (Electronics) from the department of electrical engineering from ENIT, Tunisia, 1992
- MSc (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 1997
- Dr. Tech. (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 2004
- Worked as Associate Professor at Gjøvik University College, 2006–2015
- Worked as researcher at TUT, 1994-2006
- Worked as Electronics engineer at Société Tunisienne de l´Éléctricité et du Gaz, Sousse, Tunisia 1992-1993
His re-search interests include e-Learning, 3D imaging, image and video processing and analysis, video-surveillance, biometrics, video-guided intervention, and content-based retrieval. He is member of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) No-reference stereo image quality assessment based on joint wavelet decomposition and statistical models. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 54.
- (2017) A novel method for planning liver resections using deformable Bezier surfaces and distance maps. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 144.
- (2017) High-Performance Computation of Bézier Surfaces on Parallel and Heterogeneous Platforms. International journal of parallel programming.
- (2016) Automatic annotation of lecture videos for multimedia driven pedagogical platforms. Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal. vol. 8 (4).
- (2016) Intra-operative modeling of the left Atrium: A simulation approach using poisson surface reconstruction. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9805.
- (2016) Surface reconstruction for planning and navigation of liver resections. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. vol. 53.
- (2015) Neural networks based visual attention model for surveillance videos. Neurocomputing. vol. 149 (Part C).
- (2015) Efficient inter-view bit allocation methods for stereo image coding. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 17 (6).
- (2012) Multipeople tracking across multiple cameras. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications (IJNCAA). vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Combining Depth Information and Local Edge Detection for Stereo Image Enhancement. Proceedings of the European Signal Processing Conference.
- (2011) Predictive Visual Saliency Model for Surveillance Video. Proceedings of the European Signal Processing Conference.
- (2011) A Spatiotemporal Saliency Model for Video Surveillance. Cognitive Computation. vol. 3 (1).
- (2010) Blind Image Quality Metric For Blackboard Lecture Images. Proceedings of the European Signal Processing Conference.
- (2010) Full reference image quality assessment based on saliency map analysis. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 54 (3).
- (2013) 4th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP); June 10-12, 2013, Paris, France. IEEE conference proceedings. 2013. ISBN 978-82-93269-13-7.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Stereoscopic image quality assessment based on the binocular properties of the human visual system. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP).
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS), 2017 IEEE 30th International Symposium on.
- (2017) On the Vulnerability of Extended Multispectral Face Recognition Systems Towards Presentation Attacks. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Identity, Security and Behavior Analysis (ISBA).
- (2016) On the performance of 3D just noticeable difference models. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing(ICIP)-Proceedings.
- (2016) An improved 3-step contactless fingerprint image enhancement approach for minutiae detection. 2016 6th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP).