Background and activities
Faouzi Alaya Cheikh is a Professor of computer science at NTNU.
- BSc (Electronics) from the department of electrical engineering from ENIT, Tunisia, 1992
- MSc (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 1997
- Dr. Tech. (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 2004
- Worked as Associate Professor at Gjøvik University College, 2006–2015
- Worked as researcher at TUT, 1994-2006
- Worked as Electronics engineer at Société Tunisienne de l´Éléctricité et du Gaz, Sousse, Tunisia 1992-1993
His re-search interests include e-Learning, 3D imaging, image and video processing and analysis, video-surveillance, biometrics, video-guided intervention, and content-based retrieval. He is member of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A survey of stereoscopic 3D just noticeable difference models. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Efficient enhancement of stereo endoscopic images based on joint wavelet decomposition and binocular combination. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 38 (1).
- (2019) Internal Emotion Classification Using EEG Signal With Sparse Discriminative Ensemble. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Multiscale deep desmoking for laparoscopic surgery. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10949:109491Y.
- (2018) Deep Smoke Removal from Minimally Invasive Surgery Videos. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2018) PedNet: A Spatio-Temporal Deep Convolutional Neural Network for Pedestrian Segmentation. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (9).
- (2018) A hierarchical feature model for multi-target tracking. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2018) Variational based smoke removal in laparoscopic images. Biomedical engineering online. vol. 17:139.
- (2018) Liver surface reconstruction for image guided surgery. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 1057:105762H6.
- (2018) Can image enhancement be beneficial to find smoke images in laparoscopic surgery?. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference). vol. 2018-November.
- (2017) No-reference stereo image quality assessment based on joint wavelet decomposition and statistical models. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 54.
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) A novel method for planning liver resections using deformable Bezier surfaces and distance maps. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 144.
- (2017) High-Performance Computation of Bézier Surfaces on Parallel and Heterogeneous Platforms. International journal of parallel programming.
- (2016) Automatic annotation of lecture videos for multimedia driven pedagogical platforms. Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal. vol. 8 (4).
- (2016) Intra-operative modeling of the left Atrium: A simulation approach using poisson surface reconstruction. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9805.
- (2016) Surface reconstruction for planning and navigation of liver resections. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. vol. 53.
- (2015) Neural networks based visual attention model for surveillance videos. Neurocomputing. vol. 149 (Part C).
- (2015) Efficient inter-view bit allocation methods for stereo image coding. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 17 (6).
- (2012) Multipeople tracking across multiple cameras. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications (IJNCAA). vol. 2 (1).