Background and activities
- Dr Farzad Radmehr holds two PhDs in mathematics education from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran (2014), and Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand (2016).
- Farzad's research focuses on improving the teaching and learning of mathematics at upper secondary and tertiary levels. He is also interested in mathematical modelling, networking learning theories, and task design in mathematics education.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Analyzing the written discourse in calculus textbooks over 42 years: the case of primary objects, concrete discursive objects, and a realization tree of the derivative at a point. Educational Studies in Mathematics.
- (2022) Switching to Fully Online Teaching and Learning of Mathematics: The Case of Norwegian Mathematics Lecturers and University Students During the Covid‑19 Pandemic. International Journal of Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education.
- (2022) Advancing engineering students’ conceptual understanding through puzzle-based learning: a case study with exact differential equations. Teaching Mathematics and its Applications.
- (2021) Gruppebasert prosjektoppgave i matematikk: Veiledernes erfaringer. MNT konferansen 2021 . UHR-MNT, Realfagssenteret,MatRIC, UiA; Kristiansand. 2021-03-15 - 2021-03-16.
- (2021) Exploring undergraduate engineering students’ mathematical problem-posing: the case of integral-area relationships in integral calculus. Mathematical Thinking and Learning.
- (2021) Exploring students’ metacognition in relation to an integral-area evaluation task. Skrifter från Svensk förening för matematikdidaktisk forskning.
- (2021) Online mathematics teaching and learning during the COVID-19 pandemic: The perspective of lecturers and students. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Introducing an elective mathematics education course for mathematics majors. PRIMUS - Problems, Resources, and issues in mathematics undergraduate studies.
- (2021) Task design in Engineering mathematical courses: The case of problem posing and puzzle tasks. Blended Learning in Engineering Education: challenging, enlightening – and lasting? SEFI 49th Annual Conference.
- (2021) How do university students of different ethnic backgrounds perceive factors that hinder learning in STEM and non-STEM majors?. Higher Education Research and Development.
- (2021) The attitudes of lecturers and students towards puzzle-based learning: The case of differential equations. The 14th International Congress on Mathematical Education ; 2021-07-11 - 2021-07-18.
- (2021) How do undergraduate engineering students engage with puzzle problems related to first-order differential equations?. 2021.
- (2020) Unpacking the black-box of students’ visual attention in Mathematics and English classrooms: Empirical evidence using mini-video recording gadgets. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning.
- (2020) Exploring students’ proof comprehension of the Cauchy Generalized Mean Value Theorem. Teaching Mathematics and its Applications. vol. 39 (3).
- (2020) Exploring Students’ Metacognitive Knowledge: The Case of Integral Calculus. Education Sciences. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) Student perceptions of effective lecturers: the need to recognise the role of ethnicity and choice of discipline. Higher Education Research and Development. vol. 39 (2).
- (2020) Exploring undergraduate engineering students’ competencies and attitudes towards mathematical problem posing in integral calculus. Proceedings of the Third Conference of the International Network for Didactic Research in University Mathematics.
- (2020) Issues and challenges of 21st century assessment in mathematics education. Science and mathematics education for 21st century citizens: challenges and ways forward.
- (2020) Toward a model for students’ combinatorial thinking. Journal of Mathematical Behavior. vol. 61.
- (2019) The impact of procedural and conceptual teaching on students' mathematical performance over time. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology.
- (2019) Exploring Engineering Undergraduate Students’ Attitudes toward Mathematical Problem Posing. Journal of professional issues in engineering education and practice.
- (2019) Improving the quality of teaching, learning, and assessment of mathematics at higher education: Utilizing Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy and facets of metacognition. MatRIC Conference 2019 . MatRIC; Bergen. 2019-10-14 - 2019-10-15.
- (2019) Revised Bloom’s taxonomy and major theories and frameworks that influence the teaching, learning, and assessment of mathematics: a comparison. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. vol. 50 (6).
- (2019) Students’ mathematical performance, metacognitive experiences and metacognitive skills in relation to integral-area relationships. Teaching Mathematics and its Applications. vol. 38 (2).
- (2018) Application of the APOS/ACE Theory to improve Students’ Graphical Understanding of Derivative. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education.
- (2018) An assessment-based model for exploring the solving of mathematical problems: Utilizing revised bloom’s taxonomy and facets of metacognition. Studies in Educational Evaluation. vol. 59.
- (2018) Motivational Strategies of University Students in New Zealand: The Role of Ethnicity. The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher (TAPER). vol. 27.
- (2017) Exploring students' mathematical performance, metacognitive experiences and skills in relation to fundamental theorem of calculus. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. vol. 48 (7).
- (2017) Revised Bloom's taxonomy and integral calculus: unpacking the knowledge dimension. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. vol. 48 (8).
- (2014) Who should be interviewed? A response from cluster analysis. Journal of practice in clinical psychology.
- (2014) A Study on the relationship between multiple intelligences and mathematical problem solving based on Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy. Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics (JIM.