Finn Lillelund Aachmann
Background and activities
NMR spectrocopy on biological macromolecules
My main research interest is NMR-spectroscopy, especially NMR on biological macromolecules.
Cyclodextrins and their inclusion complexes
Complex and modified sugar molecules
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Biosynthesis and Function of Long Guluronic Acid-Blocks in Alginate Produced by Azotobacter vinelandii. Biomacromolecules. vol. 20 (4).
- (2019) Mechanical Properties of Ca-Saturated Hydrogels with Functionalized Alginate. Gels. vol. 5 (2).
- (2019) Polysaccharide degradation by lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases. Current Opinion in Structural Biology. vol. 59.
- (2019) Molecular insight into a new low-affinity xylan binding module from the xylanolytic gut symbiont Roseburia intestinalis. The FEBS Journal.
- (2019) NMR and fluorescence spectroscopies reveal the preorganized binding site in family 14 carbohydrate-binding module from human chitotriosidase. ACS Omega. vol. 4 (26).
- (2019) Chitosan as a wound dressing starting material: antimicrobial Properties and mode of action. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 20:5889 (23).
- (2019) A pair of esterases from a commensal gut bacterium remove acetylations from all positions on complex β-mannans. biorxiv.
- (2019) Efficient Grafting of Cyclodextrin to Alginate and Performance of the Hydrogel for Release of Model Drug. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) The edible mushroom Albatrellus ovinus contains a α-L-fuco-α-D-galactan, α-D-glucan, a branched (1→6)-β-D-glucan and a branched (1→3)-β-D-glucan. Carbohydrate Research. vol. 471.
- (2019) Structural and functional aspects of mannuronic acid–specific PL6 alginate lyase from the human gut microbe Bacteroides cellulosilyticus. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 294.
- (2019) Production, characterization, and application of an alginate lyase, AMOR_PL7A, from hot vents in the Arctic mid-ocean ridge. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. vol. 67 (10).
- (2018) The carbohydrate-binding module and linker of a modular lytic polysaccharide monooxygenase promote localized cellulose oxidation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 293 (34).
- (2018) Mode of action and specificity of a chitinase from unicellular microalgae, Euglena gracilis. Plant Molecular Biology. vol. 97 (6).
- (2018) Resonance assignments for the apo-form of the cellulose-active lytic polysaccharide monooxygenase TaLPMO9A. Biomolecular NMR Assignments. vol. 12 (2).
- (2018) Structural Characterization of Fucoidan from Laminaria hyperborea: Assessment of Coagulation and Inflammatory Properties and Their Structure−Function Relationship. ACS Applied Bio Materials.
- (2018) Differential bacterial capture and transport preferences facilitate co-growth on dietary xylan in the human gut. Nature Microbiology. vol. 3 (5).
- (2018) 1H, 13C and 15N backbone and side-chain assignment of a carbohydrate binding module from a xylanase from Roseburia intestinalis. Biomolecular NMR Assignments.
- (2018) Methylation of the N-terminal histidine protects a lytic polysaccharide monooxygenase from auto-oxidative inactivation. Protein Science. vol. 27 (9).
- (2018) Genome Mining of Streptomyces sp. YIM 130001 Isolated From Lichen Affords New Thiopeptide Antibiotic. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (3139).
- (2018) Overall size of mannuronan C5-Epimerases influences their ability to epimerize modified alginates and alginate gels. Carbohydrate Polymers. vol. 180.