Fjola Gudrun Sigtryggsdottir
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Description of failure mechanism in placed riprap on steep slope with unsupported toe using smartstone probes. Engineering structures. vol. 221.
- (2020) Buckling analogy for 2D deformation of placed ripraps exposed to overtopping. Journal of Hydraulic Research.
- (2020) Physical model study on discharge over a dam due to landslide generatedwaves. Water. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Toe support conditions for placed ripraps on rockfill dams –A field survey. Vann. vol. 54 (3).
- (2019) Non-linear flow through rockfill embankments. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Geological challenges and geohazard monitoring of a mega engineering hydropower project in Iceland. Engineering Geology. vol. 259.
- (2019) Case Study of Dam Overtopping from Waves Generated by Landslides Impinging Perpendicular to a Reservoir’s Longitudinal Axis. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 7 (7).
- (2018) Statistical model for dam-settlement prediction and structural-health assessment. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. vol. 144 (9).
- (2016) Interrelations in multi-source geohazard monitoring for safety management of infrastructure systems. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering. vol. 12 (3).
- (2015) Methodology for geohazard assessment for hydropower projects. Natural Hazards. vol. 79 (2).
- (2016) Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting. 2016. ISBN 978-9935-24-002-6.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Design of fuse plugs in earth-rockfill dams in Iceland. Proceedings of the XVII ECSMGE 2019 : Geotechnical Engineering foundation of the future : European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
- (2018) EVALUATION OF DESIGN CRITERIA FOR DOWNSTREAM RIPRAP OF ROCKFILL DAMS. Proceedings of the 26th International Congress of the International Commission of Large Dams (ICOLD), Q.101, R.72, Vienna, Austria, 1-7 July 2018.
- (2018) Systematic Methodology for Planning and Evaluation of a Multi-source Geohazard Monitoring System. Application of a Reusable Template. Proceedings of the International Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics.
- (2016) Hydropower Dams in the Land of Ice and Fire. Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting.
- (2016) Effects of soil structure interaction on the excitation and response of RC buildings subjected to strong motion. Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting.
- (2018) Stability of Rockfill Dams FLOW THROUGH ROCKFILL. 2018.
- (2018) Gjennomgang av brudd på fangdam i Munkebotn. 2018.
- (2017) Landslides into Reservoirs. Overtopping of Embankment Dams. Progress report. 2017. ISBN 978-82-7598-107-1.
- (2017) Results from the monitoring of geohazards in the Hálslón Reservoir area. 2017.