Background and activities
Head of Neuroclinic, St. Olav's University Hospital, and Adjunct Associate Professor at Institute of Neuromedicine and Movement Science, NTNU.
Research areas: Allzheimer's disease. ALS. Substance abuse-related neurological disorders.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) C9orf72, age at onset, and ancestry help discriminate behavioral from language variants in FTLD cohorts. Neurology. vol. 95 (24).
- (2020) The Amyloid, Tau, and Neurodegeneration (A/T/N) Classification Applied to a Clinical Research Cohort with Long-Term Follow-Up. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.
- (2020) Incidence of Young Onset Dementia in Central Norway: A Population-Based Study. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 75 (3).
- (2020) Cerebrospinal fluid neuronal pentraxin receptor as a biomarker of long-term progression of Alzheimer's disease: a 24-month follow-up study. Neurobiology of Aging. vol. 93 (97).
- (2020) Experiential seizures related to the hippocampal-parahippocampal spatial representation system. Epilepsy and Behavior Reports (EBR).
- (2020) Criticality as a measure of developing proteinopathy in engineered human neural networks. BioRxiv.
- (2019) Neurological News from Norway: Health Registries in Norway – an ideal Base for Quality improvement and Research.
- (2019) Rusmiddelrelaterte nevrologiske sykdommer. Nevrologi og nevrokirurgi. Fra barn til voksen, 7. utg..
- (2019) Hvor står ALS-forskningen i Norge?. VG : Verdens gang.
- (2019) In Brief Neuropsychological Assessment, Amnestic Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) Is associated with Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers for Cognitive Decline in Contrast to the Prevailing NIA-AA MCI Criterion. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 67 (2).
- (2019) Stroke risk after transient ischemic attack in a Norwegian prospective cohort. BMC Neurology. vol. 19:2.
- (2019) Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies new loci and functional pathways influencing Alzheimer's disease risk. Nature Genetics. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) The prevalence and subtypes of young onset dementia in central Norway: A population-based study. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 69 (2).
- (2019) Plasma apolipoprotein E monomer and dimer profile and relevance to Alzheimer's disease. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 71 (4).
- (2019) GBA and APOE ε4 associate with sporadic dementia with Lewy bodies in European genome wide association study. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Efficacy of Vestibular Rehabilitation Following Acute Vestibular Neuritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Otology & Neurotology. vol. 41 (1).
- (2018) Norsk register for motornevronsykdommer. Nevrodagene 2018 . Norsk Nevrologisk Forening; Oslo. 2018-03-12 - 2018-03-16.
- (2018) Alzheimer´s disease. Current Biology.
- (2018) Cerebrospinal fluid neurogranin/β-site APP-cleaving enzyme 1 predicts cognitive decline in preclinical Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's and Dementia: Translational Research and Clinical Interventions. vol. 4.
- (2018) The development of a Norwegian ALS registry. 29th International symposium on ALS/MND . Motor Neuron Disease Association (UK); Glasgow. 2018-12-07 - 2018-12-09.
- (2018) The MotOrtose project - Development of a motorized upper extremity orthosis for ALS. 29th International Symposium on ALS/MND . Motor Neuron Disease Association (UK); Glasgow, Scotland. 2018-12-07 - 2018-12-09.
- (2018) Assessment of kallikrein 6 as a cross-sectional and longitudinal biomarker for Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's Research & Therapy. vol. 10:9.
- (2018) The seizure precipitating effect of alcohol: A prospective observational cross-over study. Epilepsy Research. vol. 143.
- (2018) The Norwegian Cognitive impairment after stroke study (Nor-COAST): study protocol of a multicentre, prospective cohort study. BMC Neurology. vol. 18:193.
- (2018) The relevance of cerebrospinal fluid α-synuclein levels to sporadic and familial Alzheimer's disease. Acta neuropathologica communications. vol. 6.
- (2018) Meta-analysis of Alzheimer’s disease on 9,751 samples from Norway and IGAP study identifies four risk loci. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2017) Cerebrospinal fluid levels of amyloid beta 1-43 mirror 1-42 in relation to imaging biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. vol. 9.
- (2017) Detecting at-risk Alzheimer's disease cases. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 60 (1).
- (2017) Screening for Alzheimer’s Disease: Cognitive Impairment in Self-Referred and Memory Clinic-Referred Patients. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 60 (4).
- (2017) Cerebrospinal fluid Aβ43 is reduced in early-onset compared to late-onset Alzheimer's disease, but has similar diagnostic accuracy to Aβ42. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. vol. 9 (210).
- (2017) A multinational study distinguishing Alzheimer's and healthy patients using cerebrospinal fluid tau/A?42 cutoff with concordance to amyloid positron emission tomography imaging. Alzheimer's and Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment and Disease Monitoring. vol. 6.
- (2016) Alpha-synuclein measured in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, or healthy controls: a two year follow-up study. BMC Neurology. vol. 16 (180).
- (2016) Treatment non-adherence in pseudo-refractory epilepsy. Epilepsy Research. vol. 122.
- (2016) Treadmill Training or Progressive Strength Training to Improve Walking in People with Multiple Sclerosis? A Randomized Parallel Group Trial. Physiotherapy Research International. vol. 21 (4).
- (2016) Facial dystonia with facial grimacing and vertical gaze palsy with “Round the Houses” sign in a 29-year-old woman. Neuro-ophthalmology (Aeolus Press. 1980). vol. 40 (1).
- (2016) Alcohol withdrawal syndrome: mechanisms, manifestations, and management. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. vol. 135 (1).
- (2016) Cerebrospinal Fluid Levels of Amyloid Beta 1-43 in Patients with Amnestic Mild Cognitive Impairment or Early Alzheimer's Disease: A 2-Year Follow-Up Study. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. vol. 8.
- (2016) The impact of sleep loss on the facilitation of seizures: A prospective case-crossover study. Epilepsy Research. vol. 127.
- (2015) Effect of tween-20 on core biomarkers measured in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, or healthy control individuals. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 49 (2).
- (2015) Førlighet, semantikk og akuttnevrologi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 136.
- (2014) Nonadherence to treatment causing acute hospitalizations in people with epilepsy: An observational, prospective study. Epilepsia. vol. 55 (11).
- (2013) Is dietary caffeine involved in seizure precipitation?. Epilepsy & Behavior. vol. 28 (2).
- (2012) Non-arteritisk sentralarterieokklusjon (CRAO). Oftalmolog. vol. 32 (2).
- (2012) Late onset myasthenia gravis is associated with HLA DRB1*15:01 in the Norwegian population. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (5).
- (2011) Lamotrigine and its N2-glucuronide during pregnancy: The significance of renal clearance and estradiol. Epilepsy Research. vol. 94 (3).
- (2010) Alkoholrelaterte nevrologiske sydkommer. Nevrologi og nevrokirurgi. Fra barn til voksen. 5.utgave.
- (2010) EFNS guidelines for diagnosis, therapy and prevention of Wernicke encephalopathy. European Journal of Neurology. vol. 17 (12).
- (2010) The validity of questionnaire-based diagnoses: the third Nord-Trøndelag Health study 2006-2008. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 11 (1).
- (2010) The EEG response to photic stimulation is not increased in alcohol-related seizures. Clinical Neurophysiology. vol. 121 (11).
- (2010) Quantitative EEG in Patients With Alcohol-Related Seizures. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. vol. 34 (10).
- (2009) Symptoms of epilepsy and organic brain dysfunctions in patients with acute, brief depression combined with other fluctuating psychiatric symptoms: a controlled study from an acute psychiatric department. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 9.
- (2008) Quantitative EEG findings in patients with acute, brief depression combined with other fluctuating psychiatric symptoms: a controlled study from an acute psychiatric department. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 8 (89).
- (2008) A face-to-face interview of participants in HUNT 3: the impact of the screening question on headache prevalence. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 9 (5).
- (2007) Treatment policies for alcohol-related seizures. A survey of European neurologists. European Journal of Neurology. vol. 14 (3).
- (2006) Headache prevalence related to smoking and alcohol use. The Head-HUNT Study. European Journal of Neurology. vol. 13.
- (2006) Alcohol-related seizures. European Handbook of Neurological Management.
- (2005) Pharmacotherapy for preventing alcohol withdrawal seizures. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- (2005) Tobacco and alcohol use in relation to headache. The Head-HUNT study. Cephalalgia. vol. 25.
- (2004) Lettlest om epilepsi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 124.
- (2004) Carbohydrate-deficient transferrin is increased by the enzyme-inducing antibiotic rifampicin. ISAM ; 2004-06-04.
- (2004) A Structured nurse intervention programme improves quality of life in patients with epilepsy. A randomised controlled study. Epilepsia. vol. 45.
- (2004) Uenighet om epilepsi og bilkjøring. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2003) Alkohol og epilepsi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 123 (11).
- (2003) Epilepsy, seizures and alcohol use. Review Series: Neurology.
- (2003) An easily performed group education programme for patients with uncontrolled epilepsy - a pilot study. Seizure. vol. 12 (7).
- (2002) Clinical utility of EEG in alcohol-related seizures. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica. vol. 105.
- (2001) The classification and clinical diagnosis of alcohol-related seizures. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2001.
- (2001) Detection of Alcohol Abuse in Neurological Patients: Variables of Clinical Relevance to the Accuracy of the %CDT-TIA and CDTect Methods. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. vol. 25 (1).
- (2000) Validity of carbohydrate deficient transferrin and other markers as diagnostic aids in the detection of alcohol related seizures. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. vol. 68 (3).
- (2000) Alkoholrelaterte nevrologiske sykdommer. Nevrologi - fra barn til voksen.
- (2000) Weekday distribution of alcohol consumption in Norway: Influence on the occurrence of epileptic seizures and stroke?. European Journal of Neurology.
- (2000) Akutt hodepine - ikke bare subaraknoidalblødning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 29.
- (1999) The diversity of seizures related to alcohol use. A study of consecutive patients. European Journal of Neurology. vol. 6.