Gudmund Reidar Eiksund
Background and activities
PhD in Geotechnical Engineering at NTNU 1994. Worked as research scientist at SINTEF Geotechnical Engineering from 1994 to 2005 with main focus on geotechnical design of offshore foundations. Worked as a consultant in offshore geotechnical engineering in Geopartner Marin as from 2005 to 2011. Appointed as Professor in Geotechnical Engineering at NTNU in 2012.
Are responsible for research activities on the topic of thefoundation of offshore wind turbines.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Evaluation of installation effects on the set-up of field displacement piles in sand. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 56 (4).
- (2019) A macro-element model for multidirectional cyclic lateral loading of monopiles in clay. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 106.
- (2019) Impact of foundation modelling in offshore wind turbines: Comparison between simulations and field data. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2019) Modelling of soil-structure-interaction for flexible caissons for offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 171.
- (2019) A macro model for shallow foundations on granular soils describing non-linear foundation behavior. Computers & structures.
- (2018) A macro-element pile foundation model for integrated analyses of monopile-based offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 167.
- (2018) A macro-element for integrated time domain analyses representing bucket foundations for offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 59.
- (2018) REDWIN – REDucing cost in offshore WINd by integrated structural and geotechnical design. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2017) A New Foundation Model for Integrated Analyses of Monopile-based Offshore Wind Turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Testing and modeling of cyclically loaded rock anchors. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 9 (6).
- (2016) Cone penetration data classification with Bayesian Mixture Analysis. Georisk: Assessment and Management of Risk for Engineered Systems and Geohazards. vol. 10 (1).
- (2016) Reliability analysis with Metamodel Line Sampling. Structural Safety. vol. 60.
- (2016) Coupling the cross-entropy with the line sampling method for risk-based design optimization. Structural And Multidisciplinary Optimization. vol. 55 (5).
- (2016) Impact vibration test of monopile foundation model in dry sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2016) Influence of Soil Parameters on the Fatigue Lifetime of Offshore Wind Turbines with Monopile Support Structure. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2015) Behavior of cyclically loaded monopile foundations for offshore wind turbines in heterogeneous sands. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 65.
- (2014) An anisotropic shear strength model for cyclic accumulated plastic strain of overconsolidated clay. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 19 S.
- (2014) Probabilistic Assessment of Cyclic Behavior of Laterally Loaded Piles in Sand. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering. vol. 24 (3).
- (2014) Cyclic behavior of an overconsolidaetd marine clay at Sheringham shoal offshore wind farm. Journal of Ocean and Wind Energy. vol. 1 (1).
- (2014) Geological and geotechnical characterisation for offshore wind turbine foundations: A case study of the sheringham shoal wind farm. Engineering Geology. vol. 177.