Background and activities
MD, phD. Postdoctoral fellow.
Medical candidate, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), 2008
PhD candidate at department of public health and general practice, NTNU, 2011-2016.
Postdoctoral fellow, Department of public health and nursing, NTNU, 2016 to present.
Social epidemiology, work and health
I did my PhD project on work disability, particularly within couples.
I am currently a postdoctoral fellow in a project performed in cooperation between NTNU and Norwegian institute of public health. The aim is to study consequences of obesity, using genetic instrumental variables (Mendelian randomisation). Briefly, this method uses genetically determined variation in an exposure (in this case obesity) to avoid common biases when using observational studies to make causal inference.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The causal role of smoking on the risk of headache. A Mendelian randomization analysis in the HUNT Study. European Journal of Neurology.
- (2017) Cardiovascular mortality - Comparing risk factor associations within couples and in the total population - The HUNT Study. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 232.
- (2017) Occupational and leisure-time physical activity and risk of disability pension: prospective data from the HUNT Study, Norway. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 75.
- (2017) The causal role of smoking on the risk of hip or knee replacement due to primary osteoarthritis: a Mendelian randomisation analysis of the HUNT study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. vol. 25 (6).
- (2017) Temporal changes in health within 5 years before and after disability pension-the HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 27 (4).
- (2016) Health and unemployment: 14 Years of follow-up on job loss in the Norwegian HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 26 (2).
- (2015) Leisure-time physical activity and disability pension: 9 years follow-up of the HUNT Study, Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 25 (6).
- (2015) Mortality and work disability in a cohort of Norwegian couples - The HUNT study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 25 (5).
- (2013) The Health Hazards of Marriage. A cohort study of work related disability within 12,500 Norwegian couples - the HUNT Study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 41 (5).
- (2012) Health hazards of romantic relationships in the HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 22.
- (2012) The health hazards of marriage. A cohort study of 12,500 Norwegian couples in the HUNT Study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement.
- (2011) The Relationship Between Personality of Leaders and Team Effectiveness. Scandinavian Journal of Organizational Psychology. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Darlings and disability - perceived health in couples and disability pension receipt. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1464-6.