Background and activities
Hans K. Stenøien
I am working on questions related to evolution of biological diversity, and use genetic tools to study phylogeography and speciation in plants and animals.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Sphagnum divinum (sp. nov.) and S. medium Limpr. and their relationship to S. magellanicum Brid. Journal of Bryology. vol. 40 (3).
- (2018) Is interspecific gene flow and speciation in peatmosses ( Sphagnum ) constrained by phylogenetic relationship and life-history traits?. Lindbergia. vol. 41.
- (2018) Pan-genome Analysis of Ancient and Modern Salmonella enterica Demonstrates Genomic Stability of the Invasive Para C Lineage for Millennia. Current Biology.
- (2017) Novel microsatellite markers for Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae) and closely related taxa: application to studying a species complex. Plant Species Biology. vol. 32 (2).
- (2017) Euglossine bees mediate only limited long-distance gene flow in a tropical vine. New Phytologist. vol. 213 (4).
- (2017) Selfing in haploid plants and efficacy of selection: codon usage bias in the model moss Physcomitrella patens. Genome Biology and Evolution. vol. 9.
- (2017) The Sphagnome Project: enabling ecological and evolutionary insights through a genus-level sequencing project. New Phytologist. vol. 217 (1).
- (2017) Divergent evolution and niche differentiation within the common peatmoss Sphagnum magellanicum. American Journal of Botany. vol. 104 (7).