Background and activities
I work as an Adjunct Associate Professor at NTNU. I mainly teach GIS and remote sensing (see course GEOG3523), but also help teach and supervise in glaciology, glacial landforms and geomorphology.
My main research interests are in Quaternary geology (glacial landforms and sediments) and geomorphology. I'm currently involved in research projects working with the deglaciation of Fennoscandia (recent publication by Stroeven et al. (2016)), pre-Quaternary weathering and geomorphology (recent publications by Viola et al. (2016) and Fredin et al. (2017)), and ice volume change in Antarctica (project web page here).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Liquefaction of freshwater carbonates led to the February 10, 2011, landslide at the Cöllolar coalfield, eastern Turkey. Geomorphology. vol. 347.
- (2018) Pleistocene evolution of a Scandinavian Plateau Landscape. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Earth Surface. vol. 123 (12).
- (2017) The inheritance of a Mesozoic landscape in western Scandinavia. Nature Communications. vol. 8.
- (2017) Lateglacial retreat chronology of the Scandinavian Ice Sheet in Finnmark, northern Norway, reconstructed from surface exposure dating of major end moraines. Quaternary Science Reviews. vol. 177.
- (2016) Causes of time-transgressive glacial maxima positions of the last Scandinavian Ice Sheet. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 96 (2).
- (2016) Deglaciation of Fennoscandia. Quaternary Science Reviews. vol. 147.
- (2016) Deconvoluting complex structural histories archived in brittle fault zones. Nature Communications. vol. 7 (13448).
- (2015) A Holocene sea-level curve and revised isobase map based on isolation basins from near the southern tip of Norway. Boreas. vol. 44 (2).
- (2015) Unraveling Scandinavian geomorphology: the LiDAR revolution. GFF. vol. 137 (4).
- (2015) Manual extraction of bedrock lineaments from high-resolution LiDAR data: methodological bias and human perception. GFF. vol. 137 (4).
- (2015) A new Scandinavian reference 10Be production rate. Quaternary Geochronology. vol. 29.
- (2014) Subglacial sediment, proglacial lake-level and topographic controls on ice extent and lobe geometries during the Last Glacial Maximum in NW Russia. Quaternary Science Reviews. vol. 92.
- (2014) Late Pleistocene stratigraphy and sedimentary environments of the Severnaya Dvina-Vychegda region in northwestern Russia. Boreas. vol. 43 (4).
- (2014) Arctic-alpine blockfields in northern Swedish Scandes: late Quaternary - not Neogene. Earth Surface Dynamics. vol. 2.
- (2014) Arctic-alpine blockfields in the northern Swedish Scandes: Late Quaternary - Not Neogene. Earth Surface Dynamics. vol. 2 (2).
- (2014) Arctic-alpine blockfields in northern Sweden: Quaternary not Neogene. Earth System Dynamics Discussions. vol. 2 (1).
- (2013) Deep weathering, neotectonics and strandflat formation in Nordland, northern Norway. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 93 (3-4).
- (2012) Distribution of ice marginal moraines in NW Russia. Journal of Maps. vol. 8 (3).
- (2011) Ice-distal landscape and sediment signatures evidencing damming and drainage of large pro-glacial lakes, northwest Russia. Boreas. vol. 40 (3).