course-details-portlet

TGB4216 - Mineral Resource Management, Basic Course

About

Examination arrangement

Examination arrangement: Written examination and Work
Grade: Letters

Evaluation form Weighting Duration Examination aids Grade deviation
work 40/100
Written examination 60/100 4 hours D

Course content

An overview of the basic subjects within mineral resource management, mine surveying, mine geology, evaluation of mineral deposits, mine design and mine planning. Preparation of thematic maps and models connected to the management of mineral resources.

Learning outcome

Knowledge: The student will have basic knowledge on mineral resource management and the estimation of the geometry and qualimetry of mineral deposits. Skills: The student will be able to produce simple thematic maps, and models of mineral deposits, in addition to determining the internal variations.

Learning methods and activities

Lectures and exercises. A compulsory one-week field course. The field course takes place before the teaching starts. Fieldwork is in groups of 3-5 students. After the fieldwork, the students' knowledge is assessed. The group work is assessed by a grade for the whole group, and constitutes 40% of the final grade. The other 60% is determined by the individual exam. The course is evaluated by a student reference group.

Compulsory assignments

  • One-week field course

Further on evaluation

To pass the course both assessments must receive a passing score. For a re-take of an examination, all assessments during the course must be re-taken.
If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may be changed from written to oral.

Specific conditions

Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.

Admission to a programme of study is required:
Geology (MGEOL)
Geotechnology (MTTEKGEO)

Required previous knowledge

Admission to a programme of study is required: Geotechnology (MTTEKGEO), or approval from the person with course responsibility.

Course materials

Compendia.

Credit reductions

Course code Reduction From To
TGB4215 3.7 01.09.2016
More on the course

No

Facts

Version: 1
Credits:  7.5 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III

Coursework

Term no.: 1
Teaching semester:  AUTUMN 2020

No.of lecture hours: 2
Lab hours: 4
No.of specialization hours: 6

Language of instruction: Norwegian

Location: Trondheim

Subject area(s)
  • Mining Engineering
Contact information
Course coordinator: Lecturer(s):

Department with academic responsibility
Department of Geoscience and Petroleum

Phone:

Examination

Examination arrangement: Written examination and Work

Term Status code Evaluation form Weighting Examination aids Date Time Digital exam Room *
Autumn ORD work 40/100
Room Building Number of candidates
Autumn ORD Written examination 60/100 D
Room Building Number of candidates
  • * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
Examination

For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"

More on examinations at NTNU