Steinar Løve Ellefmo
Background and activities
MSc in resource geology, 1999.
Dr. ing in technical resource geology, 2005.
Working with 3D modelling of geodata. Include both geometric and qualimetric (mathematical geoscience and geostatistics) modelling of regional and local geology (deposit scale).
Uses GeoX, Matlab, Isatis, Leapfrog, Surpac, Datamine (CAE Mining) and MicroStation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Application of Soft Data in Nodule Resource Estimation. Natural Resources Research. vol. 30 (2).
- (2020) A neural network approach for spatial variation assessment – A nepheline syenite case study. Minerals Engineering. vol. 149.
- (2020) Estimating the blast sill thickness using changepoint analysis of MWD data. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 134.
- (2019) Geometallurgical Concepts Used in Industrial Mineral Production. Economic Geology and The Bulletin of the Society of Economic Geologists. vol. 114 (8).
- (2019) Multi-scale Quantitative Risk Analysis of Seabed Minerals: Principles and Application to Seafloor Massive Sulfide Prospects. Natural Resources Research. vol. 28 (3).
- (2019) Prospectivity Mapping of Mineral Deposits in Northern Norway Using Radial Basis Function Neural Networks. Minerals. vol. 9 (2).
- (2018) Underwater Hyperspectral Imaging Using a Stationary Platform in the Trans-Atlantic Geotraverse Hydrothermal Field. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 57 (5).
- (2018) First hyperspectral imaging survey of the deep seafloor: High-resolution mapping of manganese nodules. Remote Sensing of Environment. vol. 209.
- (2018) Probabilistic estimates of permissive areas for undiscovered seafloor massive sulfide deposits on an Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge. Ore Geology Reviews. vol. 95.
- (2018) Resource Assessment of Undiscovered Seafloor Massive Sulfide Deposits on an Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge: Application of grade and tonnage models. Ore Geology Reviews. vol. 102.
- (2018) Geometallurgical Flowsheet as a Tool for Designing and Communicating Geometallurgical Programs. Minerals. vol. 8 (9).
- (2018) Mineral characterization as a tool in the implementation of geometallurgy into industrial mineral mining. Minerals Engineering. vol. 116.
- (2018) Economic block model development for mining seafloor massive sulfides. Minerals. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) Geometallurgical Approach to the Element-to-Mineral Conversion for the Nabbaren Nepheline Syenite Deposit. Minerals. vol. 8 (8).
- (2018) Rock Classification Using Multivariate Analysis of Measurement While Drilling Data: Towards a Better Sampling Strategy. Minerals. vol. 8 (9).
- (2018) Mineralogy and texture of the Storforshei iron formation, and their effect on grindability. Minerals Engineering. vol. 125.
- (2013) The Value of Information in Mineral Exploration Within a Multi-Gaussian Framework. Mathematical Geosciences. vol. 45 (7).
- (2012) NUMERICAL MODELLING OF ROCK MASS DEFORMATION IN SUBLEVEL CAVING MINING SYSTEM. Acta geodynamica et geomaterialia. vol. 9 (3).
- (2011) MONITORING SYSTEM FOR OBSERVATIONS OF ROCK MASS DEFORMATIONS CAUSED BY SUBLEVEL CAVING MINING SYSTEM. Acta geodynamica et geomaterialia. vol. 8 (3).