Dina Von Heimburg
Background and activities
My research interests are focused on public health and health promotion, with a particular focus on social justice, social inclusion, and sustainable societal development. I am particularly interested in co-creation and relational welfare as approaches to local public health work, and how the settings of everyday life meeting places in the community can influence the development of health and well-being. My main position is in Levanger municipality, where I work as a public health coordinator. I am currently a PhD student in sociology at Nord university (public sector PhD). My PhD project is an action research project called "It takes a village: social inclusion among families with children in kindergarten".
I am deputy of the research group Relational Welfare:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Advancing complexity informed health promotion: a scoping review to link health promotion and co-creation. Health Promotion International.
- (2020) Relational welfare: a socially just response to co-creating health and wellbeing for all. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2017) Health and equity in all policies in local government: processes and outcomes in two Norwegian municipalities. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 45.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Co-creation of Public Values: Citizenship, Social Justice and Well-being. Processual Perspectives on the Co-Production Turn in Public Sector Organizations.
- (2021) Recovery-kapital og kapabiliteter. Recovery-orienterede praksisser – i velfærdsinstitutioner og civilsamfund.
- (2020) Forord: Perspektiver på livsmestring i skolen. Perspektiver på livsmestring i skolen.
- (2020) Collaborative Action Research: Co-constructing Social Change for the Common Good. The SAGE Handbook of Social Constructionist Practice.