Background and activities
- Looking for a PostDoc on the OceanNETs project. Feel free to get in touch.
Professional background and Education
- D.Phil. University of Oxford, Atmospheric Oceanic and Planetary Physics, 2009. Linacre College, UK.
Thesis: Evaluating forcings in an ensemble of paleo-climate models. Supervisors: Profs. Myles Allen, Gideon Henderson and Paul Valdes.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Meteorology, University of Reading, UK, 2003.
Currently working on climate and environmental aspects related to the Paris Agreement; including options for emissions reductions in the shipping sector, negative emissions technologies and solar geoengineering.
Contributing author on the IPCC AR6, WGI and WGIII.
- Researcher at IndEcol, NTNU, SFI Smart Maritime, 2017 - .
- Researcher, University of Oslo, Department of Geosciences, Section for Meteorology and Oceangraphy, Norway, 2011 - 2017.
- Post-doctoral research associate, Université catholique de Louvain, Centre de recherche sur la Terre et le climat Georges Lemaître, Belgium, 2009 - 2011. With Prof. André Berger on ERC Advanced Grant EMIS; climate of the interglacials of the last one million years.
- Researcher, Vestas Wind Systems, Denmark, 2003 - 2005.
- Meteorologist and forecaster, Weather Services International, UK, 2003.
- Meteorologist and weather forecaster, WeatherOnline, UK, 2002 - 2003.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The response of terrestrial ecosystem carbon cycling under different aerosol-based radiation management geoengineering. Earth System Dynamics. vol. 12 (1).
- (2020) Storm Track changes in the Middle East and North Africa under stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 47 (14).
- (2020) Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering could lower future risk of 'Day Zero' level droughts in Cape Town. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 15 (12).
- (2019) The response of permafrost and high latitude ecosystems under large scale stratospheric aerosol injection and its termination. Earth's Future. vol. 7 (6).
- (2019) Inequal responses of drylands to radiative forcing geoengineering methods. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 46 (23).
- (2018) Extreme temperature and precipitation response to solar dimming and stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussion (ACPD).
- (2018) Extreme temperature and precipitation response to solar dimming and stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. vol. 18 (14).
- (2018) The Carbon Dioxide Removal Model Intercomparison Project (CDRMIP): Rationale and experimental protocol for CMIP6. Geoscientific Model Development. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) The climate effects of increasing ocean albedo: An idealized representation of solar geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussion (ACPD).
- (2018) The climate effects of increasing ocean albedo: an idealized representation of solar geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. vol. 18 (17).
- (2018) Evaluating climate geoengineering proposals in the context of the Paris Agreement temperature goals. Nature Communications. vol. 9.
- (2018) The role of large - scale BECCS in the pursuit of the 1.5°C target – an Earth system model perspective. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Climate response to aerosol geoengineering: a multi-method comparison. Journal of Climate. vol. 31 (16).
- (2018) Response to marine cloud brightening in a multi-model ensemble. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. vol. 18 (2).
- (2018) Global streamflow and flood response to stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. vol. 18 (21).
- (2017) Marine cloud brightening – as effective without clouds. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. vol. 17 (21).
- (2017) Towards a comprehensive climate impacts assessment of solar geoengineering. Earth's Future. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Climate engineering and the ocean: effects on biogeochemistry and primary production. Biogeosciences. vol. 14 (24).
- (2016) An overview of the Earth system science of solar geoengineering. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change (WIRESs). vol. 7 (6).