Background and activities
- New paper on shipping emissions in ES &T.
- Now on the editorial board of the Frontiers in Climate journal's special section on Negative Emission Technologies.
Professional background and Education
- D.Phil. University of Oxford, Atmospheric Oceanic and Planetary Physics, 2009. Linacre College, UK.
Thesis: Evaluating forcings in an ensemble of paleo-climate models. Supervisors: Profs. Myles Allen, Gideon Henderson and Paul Valdes.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Meteorology, University of Reading, UK, 2003.
Contributing author on the IPCC AR6, WGI and WGIII.
Currently working on climate and environmental aspects related to the Paris Agreement; including options for emissions reductions in the shipping sector, negative emissions technologies and solar geoengineering.
- Senior Researcher at IndEcol, NTNU, 2019 - .
- Researcher at IndEcol, NTNU, SFI Smart Maritime, 2017 - 2019.
- Researcher, University of Oslo, Department of Geosciences, Section for Meteorology and Oceanography, Norway, 2011 - 2017.
- Post-doctoral research associate, Université catholique de Louvain, Centre de recherche sur la Terre et le climat Georges Lemaître, Belgium, 2009 - 2011. With Prof. André Berger on ERC Advanced Grant EMIS; climate of the interglacials of the last one million years.
- Researcher, Vestas Wind Systems, Denmark, 2003 - 2005.
- Meteorologist and forecaster, Weather Services International, UK, 2003.
- Meteorologist and weather forecaster, WeatherOnline, UK, 2002 - 2003.
Post Docs: Anusha Sathyanadh
PhD Students: YoungRong Kim Diogo Kramel Jan Klenner Homa Esfandiari
MSc Students: Dorthea V. Almklov
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) A novel method for estimating missing values in ship principal data. Ocean Engineering. vol. 251.
- (2022) High-resolution modeling of aviation emissions in Norway. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 109.
- (2022) Estimating CO2 Emissions for 108,000 European Cities. Earth System Science Data. vol. 14.
- (2022) Energy potentials and water requirements from perennial grasses on abandoned land in the former Soviet Union. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 17 (4).
- (2022) Impacts of three types of solar geoengineering on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics (ACP). vol. 22 (7).
- (2021) Solar geoengineering can alleviate climate change pressures on crop yields. Nature Food. vol. 2.
- (2021) Global Shipping Emissions from a Well-to-Wake Perspective: The MariTEAM Model. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 55 (22).
- (2021) The response of terrestrial ecosystem carbon cycling under different aerosol-based radiation management geoengineering. Earth System Dynamics. vol. 12 (1).
- (2020) Storm Track changes in the Middle East and North Africa under stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 47 (14).
- (2020) Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering could lower future risk of 'Day Zero' level droughts in Cape Town. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 15 (12).
- (2019) The response of permafrost and high latitude ecosystems under large scale stratospheric aerosol injection and its termination. Earth's Future. vol. 7 (6).
- (2019) Inequal responses of drylands to radiative forcing geoengineering methods. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 46 (23).
- (2018) Extreme temperature and precipitation response to solar dimming and stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussions (ACPD).
- (2018) Extreme temperature and precipitation response to solar dimming and stratospheric aerosol geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics (ACP). vol. 18 (14).
- (2018) The Carbon Dioxide Removal Model Intercomparison Project (CDRMIP): Rationale and experimental protocol for CMIP6. Geoscientific Model Development. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) The climate effects of increasing ocean albedo: An idealized representation of solar geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Discussions (ACPD).
- (2018) The climate effects of increasing ocean albedo: an idealized representation of solar geoengineering. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics (ACP). vol. 18 (17).
- (2018) Evaluating climate geoengineering proposals in the context of the Paris Agreement temperature goals. Nature Communications. vol. 9.
- (2018) The role of large - scale BECCS in the pursuit of the 1.5°C target – an Earth system model perspective. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Climate response to aerosol geoengineering: a multi-method comparison. Journal of Climate. vol. 31 (16).