Background and activities
Area of research
My research is on computational structures for helping people making clever decision when faced with uncertainty. In paricular, I work with
- Probabilistic graphical models, in particular Bayesian networks
- Decision support systems
- Bayesian methods
- Machine learning
Research group: Intelligent systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Forecasting Intra-Hour Imbalances in Electric Power Systems. PROCEEDINGS OF THE THIRTIETH AAAI CONFERENCE ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND THE TWENTY-EIGHTH INNOVATIVE APPLICATIONS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE CONFERENCE. vol. 33 (1).
- (2019) Application of data-driven models in the analysis of marine power systems. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 92.
- (2018) A deep network model for paraphrase detection in short text messages. Information Processing & Management. vol. 54.
- (2018) AMIDST: A Java toolbox for scalable probabilistic machine learning. Knowledge-Based Systems. vol. 163.
- (2018) Effective hate-speech detection in Twitter data using recurrent neural networks. Applied intelligence (Boston). vol. 48 (12).
- (2018) Scalable importance sampling estimation of Gaussian mixture posteriors in Bayesian networks. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. vol. 100.
- (2018) A Review of Inference Algorithms for Hybrid Bayesian Networks. The journal of artificial intelligence research. vol. 62.
- (2017) Financial data analysis with PGMs using AMIDST. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops, ICDMW.
- (2017) Content-Based Social Recommendation with Poisson Matrix Factorization. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10534 LNAI.
- (2017) A parallel algorithm for Bayesian network structure learning from large data sets. Knowledge-Based Systems. vol. 117.
- (2017) Scaling up Bayesian variational inference using distributed computing clusters. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. vol. 88.
- (2017) Bayesian Models of Data Streams with Hierarchical Power Priors. JMLR Workshop and Conference Proceedings. vol. 70.
- (2017) Data driven case base construction for prediction of success of marine operations. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2028.
- (2017) MAP inference in dynamic hybrid Bayesian networks. Progress in Artificial Intelligence. vol. 6 (2).
- (2016) d-VMP: Distributed Variational Message Passing. Journal of machine learning research. vol. 55.
- (2016) Scalable MAP inference in Bayesian networks based on a Map-Reduce approach. Journal of machine learning research. vol. 52.
- (2016) Parallel filter-based feature selection based on balanced incomplete block designs. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 285.
- (2015) Dynamic Bayesian modeling for risk prediction in credit operations. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 278.
- (2015) Modeling concept drift: A probabilistic graphical model based approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9385.
- (2015) Short-Term Load Forecasting With Seasonal Decomposition Using Evolution for Parameter Tuning. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. vol. 6 (4).