Henrique M. Gaspar
Background and activities
- IP200117 Skipsdesign III - Prosjektering (HØST) - with Øyvind Kamsvåg
- IP300315 Studiepoenggivende praksis (HØST)
- IP500616 Systems Engineering Applied to Maritime Engineering (HØST)
- IP500817 Scientific theory and methods (HØST)
- IP505614 - Virtual Prototype and Digitalisation of Marine Design and Operations (HØST) - with Pierre Major, OSC
- TS501418 - Operations Management and Flexibility (substitute teacher for Høst 2019)
- Courses organized due to coordination of the MSc programs(HØST/VÅR): IP506114 Best Practice - Marine engineering internship, IP506215 Scientific Research Project Internship, IP501909 1 MSc thesis, discipline oriented (120ECTS), IP502009 - MSc thesis, professional master (90 ECTS)
- TS8001 Maritime Systems Design and Methods (VÅR) - with Hans Petter Hildre
Current PhD Candidates
- Ícaro A. Fonseca - Digital Twin Ship: A Standard for Lifecycle Data Format
- Raheleh Kari - Human in the Loop for Remote Ship Operations
- Mehrnoosh Nickpasand - Agility in Offshore Wind Systems (Industrial PhD)
- Brian Murray - Predictive Collision Avoidance for Autonomous Ships (co-supervision)
Active Research Projects:
- EDIS, Efficient Data Integration in Ship Design (Ulstein International AS) - Project Manager
- ABD - ShipEva, evakueringsløsning (ABD AS) - Project Manager
- INTPART BN Subsea USP-IHB Subproject (Workpackage Coordinator)
- SFI Move (collaborator)
Finished Research Projects:
- EMIS, Efficient Modular Integration of Systems in Ship Design (Ulstein International AS) - Project Manager 2014- 2016
- Senketunnel - VRI - Project Manager 2014/2015
- Markom 2020 - HSN/NTNU (Workpackage Coordinator) - 2016/2017
Education consists of a PhD degree in Marine Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, IMT (2012). Part of the PhD developed at the Systems Engineering Advancement Research Initiative (SEAri) at MIT, with complex system engineering methods applied to the maritime case (2010-2011). Visiting lecturer and research collaboration with the Marine Research Group at UCL (2016 and 2019).
Previous experience as Senior Consultant at Det Norske Veritas (Norway, 2013).
Previous experience in Oil & Gas in Brazil, at the TPN - Numerical Offshore Model Basin in Brazil (partnership with Petrobras, University of São Paulo and other research institutes in Brazil). Master in engineering (2yrs) and Diploma Engineering (5yrs) in Naval Architecture and Maritime Engineering at University of São Paulo, Brazil. Born in 1979.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Virtual Prototyping and Simulation of Multibody Marine Operations Using Web-Based Technologies. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. Volume 7A: Ocean Engineering.
- (2019) A Prime on Web-Based Simulation. Proceedings of the 33rd International ECMS Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2019.
- (2019) (Organization). 1st Symposium on Open and Collaborative Ship Design ; 2019-06-25 - 2019-06-25.
- (2019) A Perspective on the Past, Present and Future of Computer-Aided Ship Design. 18th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries - COMPIT’19.
- (2019) EEG Application for Human-Centered Experiments in Remote Ship Operations. CENTRIC 2019, The Twelfth International Conference on Advances in Human oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies, and Services.
- (2019) Implementation of Open Source Code for 6 Degrees of Freedom Simulations in Maritime Applications. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2019.
- (2018) Improving early OSV design robustness by applying ‘Multivariate Big Data Analytics’ on a ship's life cycle. Journal of Industrial Information Integration. vol. 10.
- (2018) Disruptive market conditions require new direction for vessel design practices and tools application. Marine Design XIII, Volume 1 Proceedings of the 13th International Marine Design Conference (IMDC 2018), June 10-14, 2018, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2018) An Open and Collaborative Knowledge-Based Approach for Automated Design of Hull Scantlings. International Conference on Ships and Offshore Structures ICSOS 2018 . Chalmers University; Gothenburg. 2018-09-17 - 2018-09-19.
- (2018) Hull Scantlings Design Assistant. http://uscience.org/icsos2018/, Ålesund. 2018.
- (2018) An Open and Collaborative Object-Oriented Taxonomy for Simulation of Marine Operations. COMPIT’18 - 17th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries.
- (2018) DATA-DRIVEN METHODS TO HANDLE COMPLEXITY AND ENABLE SOPHISTICATION DURING SHIP DESIGN. International Journal of Maritime Engineering. vol. Special Edition (2018).
- (2018) Data-Driven Ship Design. COMPIT’18 - 17th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries.
- (2018) Vessel.js: An open and collaborative ship design object-oriented library. Marine Design XIII, Volume 1 Proceedings of the 13th International Marine Design Conference (IMDC 2018), June 10-14, 2018, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2018) Virtual simulation of complex subsea operations. INTPART Subsea . NTNU / USP; Trondheim. 2018-06-07 - 2018-06-08.
- (2018) Human Interactions Framework for Remote Ship Operations. The 26th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation.
- (2017) Improving early OSV design robustness by applying 'Multivariate Big Data Analytics' on a ship ́s life cycle. 5th International Conference on Enterprise Systems ; 2017-09-22 - 2017-09-24.
- (2017) Parametric structural analysis for a platform supply vessel at conceptual design phase – a sensitivity study via design of experiments. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 12.
- (2017) Preparing for a Digital Future – Experiences and Implications from a Maritime Domain Perspective. 16th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries.
- (2017) 4GD Framework in Ship Design. 16th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries.
- (2016) Using Data Driven Documents (D3) to Explore a Whole Ship Model. Proceedings of 2016 11th System of Systems Engineering Conference (SoSE 2016): 12-16 June 2016, Kongsberg, Norway.
- (2016) A Web Based Real-Time 3D Simulator for Ship Design Virtual Prototype and Motion Prediction. 15th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in the Maritime Industries - COMPIT '16.
- (2016) System based ship design of fishing vessels. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).
- (2016) On designing a ship for complex value robustness. Ship Technology Research. vol. 63 (1).