Background and activities
Hilde Grimstad is leader of PLUS (Center for pedagogy, learning and teaching) at Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. She is professor in general practice and behavioural medicine at the Department of general practice and public health. Grimstad was head of Department of public health and general practice (2005-2009) and Vice Dean for education at the Faculty of Medicine.
Her research is in the women's health, teaching doctor-patient communication skills and medical education.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) The long-term effect on mental health symptoms and patient activation of using patient feedback scales in mental health out-patient treatment. A randomised controlled trial. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 99 (1).
- (2015) Can we rely on simulated patients' satisfaction with their consultation for assessing medical students' communication skills? A cross-sectional study. BMC Medical Education. vol. 15:225.
- (2015) Past and recent abuse is associated with early cessation of breast feeding: results from a large prospective cohort in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 5 (12).
- (2014) Adult physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and postpartum depression, a population based, prospective study of 53,065 women in the norwegian mother and child cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. vol. 14 (1).
- (2013) A few more minutes make a difference? The relationship between content and length of GP consultations. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 31 (1).
- (2013) Same description, different values. How service users and providers define patient and public involvement in health care. Health Expectations. vol. 16 (3).
- (2013) Prevalence of sexual, physical and emotional abuse in the Norwegian mother and child cohort study. BMC Public Health. vol. 13.
- (2012) The short-term effect on alliance and satisfaction of using patient feedback scales in mental health out-patient treatment. A randomised controlled trial. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 12.
- (2011) Effect of an institutional development plan for user participation on professionals' knowledge, practice, and attitudes. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 11 (296).
- (2009) Do physicians improve their communication skills between finishing medical school and completing internship? A nationwide prospective observational cohort study. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 76 (2).
- (2008) Medical students' cognitive and affective attitudes towards learning and using communication skills - a nationwide cross-sectional study. Medical Teacher. vol. 30 (3).
- (2007) Curriculum factors influencing knowledge of communication skills among medical students. BMC Medical Education. vol. 7.
- (2007) Assessing medical students' attitudes toward learning communication skills- which components of attitudes do we measure?. BMC Medical Education. vol. 7 (4).
- (2007) Teaching medical students how to work with an interpreter. Amee 2007, Book of abstracts.
- (2007) Observed communication skills: How do they relate to the consultation content? A nationwide study of graduate medical students seeing a standardized patient for a first-time consultation in a general practice setting. BMC Medical Education. vol. 7 (43).
- (2007) Communication skills training and supervision in the Nordic countries - the human face in medicine. Nordic congress of general practice 2007, Book of abstracts.
- (2005) Does change from a traditional to a new medical curriculum reduce negative attitudes among students? A quasi-experimental study. Medical Teacher. vol. 27 (8).
- (2005) Comparing self-reported communication skills of medical students in traditional and integrated curricula: A nationwide study. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 58 (3).
- (2003) Undervisning i klinisk kommunikasjon for medisinstudenter i Norge. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 123.
- (1999) Kvinnehelse i Rogaland - kartlegging av risikofaktorer for hjerte-karsykdom hos 200 kvinner i to kommuner i Rogaland. Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 9.
- (1999) Pregnancy and delivery for women with a history of child sexual abuse. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 23.
- (1999) Anxiety, physical abuse, and low birth weight. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 27.
- (1999) Interpersonal conflict and physical abuse in relation to pregnancy and birth weight. Journal of Womens Health & Gender-Based Medicine. vol. 8.
- (1999) Prevalence of physical and sexual abuse before and during pregnancy among Swedish couples. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 78.
- (1998) Abuse history and health risk behaviors in pregnancy. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 77.
- (1997) Physical abuse and low birth weight : a case control study. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. vol. 104.
- (1997) Forebygging av risiko : et puslespill med mange biter. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 117.
- (1997) Forebygging av risiko : informasjonen kan fortsatt bli mer veiledende. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 117.
- (1997) Forebygging av risiko : riktig informasjon kan villede. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 117.
- (2000) Physical abuse against pregnant women. 2000. ISBN 3-437-21766-6. Obstetrics unplugged: manual for conditions of limited resources.
Part of book/report
- (2001) Osteoporose. Veiledning for forebygging og behandling. Osteoperose. Veileder for forebygging og behandling.
- (2001) Osteoporose: Veileder for forebygging og behandling. 2001. Statens helseundersøkelser.
- (1997) Mishandling, svangerskap og fødselsvekt. 1997. ISBN 82-12-00982-3. Kvinners helse - mange studier verdt. Seminarrapport.