Background and activities
Professor Hilde J. Venvik is since 2015 Director of iCSI – industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation, a Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI) granted by the Research Council of Norway for a period of 8 years. iCSI involves the industrial partners Yara, KA Rasmussen, Dynea, Inovyn, and Haldor Topsøe, with SINTEF and the University of Oslo as research partners in addition to NTNU. The total budget is ~20 mill €. 15 PhD candidates and 7 postdoctoral fellows will be trained within the joint industrial, academic and institute research of iCSI.
Hilde Venvik is part of the Catalysis group at the Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU, the largest catalysis group in Norway and the main arena for education of PhD’s and MSc’s for Norwegian industry and research organizations. As of 2015 the group consists of five Faculty members (Edd A. Blekkan, De Chen, Magnus Rønning, Hilde Venvik, Yia Yang), ~20 PhD students and ~5 postdoctoral fellows. The group is an integrated NTNU/SINTEF research laboratory where NTNU-staff collaborate and share facilities with ~10 permanent researchers employed by SINTEF Materials and Chemistry, Process Chemistry Department. This collaboration is institutionalized through the KINCAT Gemini centre (NTNU/SINTEF twin research centre). Together with the catalysis groups at the University of Oslo and SINTEF, the group was part of a Centre for Research-based Innovation (Innovative Natural Gas Processes and Products – inGAP) during 2007-2015
Hilde Venvik was NTNU Director of the Gas Technology Centre NTNU-SINTEF (GTS) from 2010 to 2015. GTS was established in 2003 to exploit the multidisciplinary synergism of NTNU and SINTEF’s expertise in gas technology with Statoil (now Equinor) as strategic partner.
Venvik has published ~ 70 scientific journal paper and has an h-index of 22 (ISI-WebOfKnowledge, Scopus). In addition come some book chapters, reports and popular science contributions. She has given or contributed to > 100 scientific presentations at international conferences and work-shops. 6 PhD degrees have been completed with Venvik as the main supervisor (Astrid Lervik Mejdell, Fatemeh Hayer, Daham Gunawardana, Nicla Vicinanza, Farbod Dadgar, Marie Døvre Strømsheim), 7 as secondary supervisor, and Venvik has supervised 35 master students in chemical process technology and nanotechnology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Modelling and simulation of a single slit micro packed bed reactor for methanol synthesis. Catalysis Today.
- (2019) The effect of aerosol-deposited ash components on a cobalt-based Fischer–Tropsch catalyst. Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis. vol. 127 (1).
- (2019) Morphology and Activity of Electrolytic Silver Catalyst for Partial Oxidation of Methanol to Formaldehyde Under Different Exposures and Oxidation Reactions. Topics in catalysis.
- (2019) Interaction of hydrogen with flat (0001) and corrugated (11–20) and (10–12) cobalt surfaces: Insights from experiment and theory. Catalysis Today.
- (2018) Application of hot-wire anemometry for experimental investigation of flow distribution in micro-packed bed reactors for synthesis gas conversion. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 177.
- (2018) Deactivation of Co-based Fischer-Tropsch Catalyst by Aerosol Deposition of Potassium Salts. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 57 (6).
- (2018) Fischer-Tropsch synthesis—Investigation of the deactivation of a Co catalyst by exposure to aerosol particles of potassium salt. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. vol. 230.
- (2018) Effects of K adsorption on the CO-induced restructuring of Co(11-20). Catalysis Today. vol. 299.
- (2018) New insight to the effects of heat treatment in air on the permeation properties of thin Pd77%Ag23% membranes. Membranes. vol. 8:92 (4).
- (2017) Catalyst Deactivation During One-Step Dimethyl Ether Synthesis from Synthesis Gas. Catalysis Letters. vol. 147 (4).
- (2017) Investigation of metal dusting corrosion process over UNS N08800 alloy. International Corrosion Conference Series. vol. 4.
- (2017) Near Ambient Pressure XPS Investigation of CO Oxidation Over Pd3Au(100). Topics in catalysis. vol. 60 (17-18).
- (2017) Catalysis in microstructured reactors - Short review on smallscale syngas production and further conversion into methanol, DME and Fischer-Tropsch products. Catalysis Today. vol. 285.
- (2016) Direct dimethyl ether synthesis from synthesis gas: The influence of methanol dehydration on methanol synthesis reaction. Catalysis Today. vol. 270.
- (2016) Reversed Hysteresis during CO Oxidation over Pd75Ag25(100). ACS Catalysis. vol. 6.
- (2016) Pd/CeO2 catalysts as powder in a fixed-bed reactor and as coating in a stacked foil microreactor for the methanol synthesis. Catalysis Today. vol. 273.
- (2016) Process concepts to produce syngas for Fischer-Tropsch fuels by solar thermochemical splitting of water and/or CO2. Fuel processing technology. vol. 145.
- (2015) Thickness dependent effects of solubility and surface phenomena on the hydrogen transport properties of sputtered Pd77%Ag23% thin film membranes. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 476.
- (2014) H2 reduction of surface oxides on Pd-based membrane model systems - The case of Pd(100) and Pd75Ag25(100). Applied Surface Science. vol. 313.
- (2014) Washcoating and chemical testing of a commercial Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst for the methanol synthesis over copper open-cell foams. Applied Catalysis A : General. vol. 481.