Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Metabolically Healthy Obesity and Risk for Atrial Fibrillation: The HUNT Study. Obesity.
- (2018) Diabetes mellitus, blood glucose and the risk of atrial fibrillation: A systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. Journal of diabetes and its complications. vol. 32 (5).
- (2018) Diabetes mellitus, blood glucose and the risk of heart failure: A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies. NMCD. Nutrition Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases. vol. 28 (11).
- (2018) Associations of asthma and asthma control with atrial fibrillation risk: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT). JAMA cardiology. vol. 3 (8).
- (2018) Physical activity modifies the risk of atrial fibrillation in obese individuals: The HUNT3 study. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 25 (15).
- (2018) Light-moderate alcohol consumption and left ventricular function among healthy, middle-aged adults: The HUNT study. BMJ Open. vol. 8.
- (2018) Completeness and correctness of acute myocardial infarction diagnoses in a medical quality register and an administrative health register. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2018) Invasive procedures associated with the development of infective endocarditis. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 71 (24).
- (2018) White blood cell BRCA1 promoter methylation status and ovarian cancer risk. Annals of Internal Medicine. vol. 168 (5).
- (2018) Comorbidities in relation to fatality of first myocardial infarction. Cardiovascular pathology. vol. 32.
- (2018) Contributions of mean and shape of blood pressure distribution to worldwide trends and variations in raised blood pressure: A pooled analysis of 1018 population-based measurement studies with 88.6 million participants. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (3).
- (2017) Resting heart rate and the risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer, and all-cause mortality. A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. NMCD. Nutrition Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases. vol. 27 (6).
- (2017) Body mass index, abdominal fatness, fat mass and the risk of atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and dose–response meta-analysis of prospective studies. European Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 32 (3).
- (2017) Worldwide trends in body-mass index, underweight, overweight, and obesity from 1975 to 2016: a pooled analysis of 2416 population-based measurement studies in 128·9 million children, adolescents, and adults. The Lancet. vol. 390 (10113).
- (2017) Cardiovascular mortality - Comparing risk factor associations within couples and in the total population - The HUNT Study. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 232.
- (2017) Prospective study of insomnia and incident asthma in adults: The HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 49 (2).
- (2017) Does moderate drinking increase the risk of atrial fibrillation? The norwegian HUNT (Nord-Trøndelag Health) study. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 6 (10).
- (2017) Treatment with bupropion and varenicline for smoking cessation and the risk of acute cardiovascular events and injuries: a Swedish case-crossover study. Nicotine & tobacco research. vol. 20 (5).
- (2017) Insomnia and the risk of Breast Cancer: the HUNT study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 79 (4).
- (2017) Extracellular matrix markers and risk of myocardial infarction: The HUNT Study in Norway. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 24 (11).