Background and activities
Associate professor in environmental biotechnology.
- Interactions between fish and microbes
- Microbial management in aquaculture systems, with a particular focus on RAS
- Applied environmental microbiology and biological water treatment
- IPAMA: International partnership for advancing microbiome – informed aquaculture (NFR, 2022-2027)
- RASbiome: Microbial management in RAS for sustainable aquaculture production (Bluebio Cofund; 2021-2024)
- RASOPTA: Safeguarding future production of fish in aquaculture systems with water recirculation (H2020-MSCA-ITN; 2021-2024)
- Janthinobacterium: en kandidat for bærekraftig forebyggende behandling av saprolegniose egg og plommesekkyngel av laks (RFF Trøndelag; 2021-2022)
- MicroMucus: Microbial contributions to the Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) skin mucosal barrier (NFR-FriPro; 2017-2021)
- Responsible for the course TBT4130 Environmental Biotechnology
- Involved in teaching the course BT8101 Microbial Ecology
- BI3911 - Master thesis in MSAQUAH Health Management in Aquaculture
- BT8101 - Microbial Ecology
- TBT4130 - Environmental Biotechnology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Changes in rearing water microbiomes in RAS induced by membrane filtration alters the hindgut microbiomes of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) parr. Aquaculture. vol. 548.
- (2022) Commensal and opportunistic bacteria present in the microbiota in atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae differentially alter the hosts’ innate immune responses. Microorganisms. vol. 10 (1).
- (2021) UV treatment in RAS influences the rearing water microbiota and reduces the survival of European lobster larvae (Homarus gammarus). Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 94.
- (2021) Microbial community dynamics in a commercial RAS for production of Atlantic salmon fry (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 546.
- (2021) Elucidating bacterial adhesion to mucosal surface by an original AFM approach. BMC Microbiology. vol. 21.
- (2021) Understanding structure/function relationships in nitrifying microbial communities after cross-transfer between freshwater and seawater. Scientific Reports. vol. 11 (2979).
- (2021) The effect of periodic disturbances and carrying capacity on the significance of selection and drift in complex bacterial communities. ISME Communications.
- (2021) Biodegradation of weathered crude oil by microbial communities in solid and melted sea ice. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 172.
- (2021) Dietary Lipid Effects on Gut Microbiota of First Feeding Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar L.). Frontiers in Marine Science. vol. 8.
- (2020) Production of lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus L.) in RAS with distinct water treatments: Effects on fish survival, growth, gill health and microbial communities in rearing water and biofilm. Aquaculture. vol. 522.
- (2020) Effects of uniaxial pressure on the spin ice Ho2Ti2 O7. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (18).
- (2020) Effects of reduced organic matter loading through membrane filtration on the microbial community dynamics in recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) with Atlantic salmon parr (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 524.
- (2020) Biodegradation of weathered crude oil in seawater with frazil ice. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 154.
- (2020) Nitrifying biofilms deprived of organic carbon show higher functional resilience to increases in carbon supply. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Rheology of skin mucus from yolk-sac salmon fry. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 28.
- (2020) Bacterial community assembly in Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua): Contributions of ecological processes and metacommunity structure. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. vol. 96 (9).
- (2018) Mapping anaerobic sludge bed community adaptations to manure supernatant in biogas reactors. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Managing the microbial community of marine fish larvae: a holistic perspective for larviculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) K-selection as microbial community management strategy: A method for improved viability of larvae in aquaculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Rearing water treatment induces microbial selection influencing the microbiota and pathogen associated transcripts of Cod (Gadus morhua) Larvae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (MAY).