Background and activities
Associate professor in environmental biotechnology.
- Interactions between fish and microbes
- Microbial management in aquaculture systems, with a particular focus on RAS
- Applied environmental microbiology and biological water treatment
- MicroMucus: Microbial contributions to the Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) skin mucosal barrier
- Responsible for the course TBT4130 Environmental Biotechnology
- Involved in teaching the course BT8101 Microbial Ecology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Understanding structure/function relationships in nitrifying microbial communities after cross-transfer between freshwater and seawater. Scientific Reports. vol. 11 (2979).
- (2020) Production of lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus L.) in RAS with distinct water treatments: Effects on fish survival, growth, gill health and microbial communities in rearing water and biofilm. Aquaculture. vol. 522.
- (2020) Effects of reduced organic matter loading through membrane filtration on the microbial community dynamics in recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) with Atlantic salmon parr (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 524.
- (2020) Biodegradation of weathered crude oil in seawater with frazil ice. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 154.
- (2020) Nitrifying biofilms deprived of organic carbon show higher functional resilience to increases in carbon supply. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Rheology of skin mucus from yolk-sac salmon fry. Annual Transactions - The Nordic Rheology Society. vol. 28.
- (2020) Bacterial community assembly in Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua): Contributions of ecological processes and metacommunity structure. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. vol. 96 (9).
- (2018) Mapping anaerobic sludge bed community adaptations to manure supernatant in biogas reactors. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Managing the microbial community of marine fish larvae: a holistic perspective for larviculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) K-selection as microbial community management strategy: A method for improved viability of larvae in aquaculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Rearing water treatment induces microbial selection influencing the microbiota and pathogen associated transcripts of Cod (Gadus morhua) Larvae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (MAY).
- (2017) Changes in the microbial community of an anammox consortium during adaptation to marine conditions revealed by 454 pyrosequencing. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. vol. 101 (12).
- (2017) Anaerobic digestion of pig manure supernatant at high ammonia concentrations characterized by high abundances of Methanosaeta and non-euryarchaeotal archaea. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:15077.
- (2017) Correlations of age and growth rate with microbiota composition in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Microbial maturation of intake water at different carrying capacities affects microbial control in rearing tanks for marine fish larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 457.
- (2016) Microbial community dynamics in semi-commercial RAS for production of Atlantic salmon post-smolts at different salinities. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 78.
- (2016) Correlation between microbiota and growth in Mangrove Killifish (Kryptolebias marmoratus) and Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Nitrification at different salinities: Biofilm community composition and physiological plasticity. Water Research. vol. 95.
- (2016) Inhibition factors in biofilm N removal systems treating wastes generated by amine based CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 45.
- (2015) Selection in the host structures the microbiota associated with developing cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Environmental Microbiology. vol. 17 (10).