Background and activities
Ingrid Schjølberg is Vice Dean for research and innovation at the Faculty of Engineering. She is professor in Marine Technology and director of NTNU Oceans.
2013-14 Project Director Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
2002-13 Research Manager SINTEF ICT
1997-01 Research Scientist SINTEF Energy
1996 PhD in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
1992-93 Research fellow, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
1991 MSc in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
2017- Board of directors SINTEF Ocean
2017- Board of directors NIVA Norsk Institutt for Vannforskning
2016- Board of directors NTNU Technology Transfer AS
2015-17 Board of directors WaterLinked AS
2014-16 Board of directors Inventas AS
2009-13 Board of directors Maskon AS
2007-13 Head of ROBOTNOR at NTNU/SINTEF
2007- Operating Agent for IEA - Hydrogen Implementing Agreement
TMR 4555 Underwater robotics for safe and autonomous operations
Ongoing research activities:
Focus on autonomy and automation in ocean space, oil and gas, aquaculture, manufacturing and hydrogen production.
Next Generation Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Operations (NextGenIMR) (2014-18)
EU ECSEL JU Smart networking Underwater Robots in Cooperation SWARMS (2015-18)
Erlend K. Jørgensen, Bård Nagy Stovner, Ole A. Eidsvik
Co-supervisor: Jeevith Hedge, Signe Moe, Serge Gale, Eirik H. Henriksen
PhD candidates in progress:
Mikkel C. Nielsen, Albert Sans Muntas, Krzysztof Jan Zieba
Member of steering committees: Legacy of Nansen, CoE CAGE, SFI Manufacturing, SFF Porelab, MiMAC
Well testing, patent no. 12791739.1-1605. World patent.
Method and apparatus for chisseling of butts, Norwegian patent 20121557.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Finite element cable-model for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) by application of beam theory. Ocean Engineering. vol. 163 (1).
- (2018) Experimental Validation of End-Effector Stabilization for Underwater Vehicle-Manipulator Systems in Subsea Operations. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. vol. 109.
- (2018) A Bayesian approach to risk modeling of autonomous subsea intervention operations. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 175.
- (2018) Operational profiles of ships in Norwegian waters: An activity-based approach to assess the benefits of hybrid and electric propulsion. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 65.
- (2018) Constrained multi-body dynamics for modular underwater robots — Theory and experiments. Ocean Engineering. vol. 149.
- (2018) Attitude estimation by multiplicative exogenous Kalman filter. Automatica. vol. 95.
- (2018) Globally Exponentially Stable Filters for Underwater Position Estimation Using an Array of Hydroacoustic Transducers on the Vehicle and A Single Transponder. Ocean Engineering. vol. 155.
- (2017) Globally Exponentially Stable Aided Inertial Navigation with hydroacoustic Measurements from A Single Transponder. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 37 (1).
- (2016) Time Domain Modeling of ROV Umbilical using Beam Equations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Development of collision risk indicators for autonomous subsea inspection maintenance and repair. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries.
- (2016) UW MORSE - The UnderWater Modular Open Robot Simulation Engine. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
- (2016) Adaptable Joystick Control System for Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Enhanced Hydroacoustic Range Robustness of Three-Stage Position Filter based on Long Baseline Measurements with Unknown Wave Speed. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Attitude and Gyro bias estimation using range-difference and IMU measurements. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
- (2016) Integration of risk in hierarchical path planning of underwater vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Efficient Modelling Methodology for Reconfigurable Underwater Robots. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Next Generation Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Operations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Three-stage filter for position and velocity estimation from long baseline measurements with unknown wave speed. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2015) Outlier rejection in underwater acoustic position measurements based on prediction errors. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2015) Towards autonomy in ROV operations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).