Background and activities
Ingrid Schjølberg is dean at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering. She has a PhD in Engineering Cybernetics and is professor in Marine Technology.
2017-19 Vice Dean Faculty of Engineering
2014- 19 Director NTNU Oceans
2013-14 Project Director Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
2002-13 Research Manager SINTEF ICT
1997-01 Research Scientist SINTEF Energy
1996 PhD in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
1992-93 Research fellow, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
1991 MSc in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
2019- Board of directors Akvaplan-niva
2017- Board of directors SINTEF Ocean
2017- Board of directors NIVA Norsk Institutt for Vannforskning
2016-20 Board of directors NTNU Technology Transfer AS
2015-17 Board of directors WaterLinked AS
2014-16 Board of directors Inventas AS
2009-13 Board of directors Maskon AS
2007- 19 Operating Agent for IEA - Hydrogen Implementing Agreement
Ongoing research activities:
Focus on autonomy and automation in ocean space, oil and gas, aquaculture, manufacturing, hydrogen production and maritime.
Erlend K. Jørgensen, Bård Nagy Stovner, Ole A. Eidsvik, Bent A. Haugaløkken, Stian S. Sandøy
Co-supervisor: Jeevith Hedge, Signe Moe, Serge Gale, Eirik H. Henriksen
PhD candidates in progress:
Anastasios Lekkas, Mikkel C. Nielsen, Bent A. Haugaløkken, Albert Sans Muntadas
Well testing, patent no. 12791739.1-1605. World patent.
Method and apparatus for chisseling of butts, Norwegian patent 20121557.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Monocular vision-based gripping of objects. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. vol. 131.
- (2020) Polar Map: A Digital Representation of Closed Structures for Underwater Robotic Inspection. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 89.
- (2019) Development of safety envelopes and subsea traffic rules for autonomous remotely operated vehicles. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 60.
- (2019) Underwater Position and Attitude Estimation Using Acoustic, Inertial, and Depth Measurements. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering.
- (2019) High reliability management and control operator risks in autonomous marine systems and operations. Ocean Engineering. vol. 171.
- (2018) Mission planner for multiple AUVs: Verification procedures combining simulations and experiment. Proceedings of the Symposium on Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Technology.
- (2018) Finite element cable-model for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) by application of beam theory. Ocean Engineering. vol. 163 (1).
- (2018) Navigation and collision avoidance of underwater vehicles using sonar data. Proceedings of the Symposium on Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Technology.
- (2018) Experimental Validation of End-Effector Stabilization for Underwater Vehicle-Manipulator Systems in Subsea Operations. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. vol. 109.
- (2018) A Bayesian approach to risk modeling of autonomous subsea intervention operations. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 175.
- (2018) Operational profiles of ships in Norwegian waters: An activity-based approach to assess the benefits of hybrid and electric propulsion. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 65.
- (2018) Experimental validation of attitude and rate-sensor bias filter using range-difference measurements. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 73.
- (2018) Constrained multi-body dynamics for modular underwater robots — Theory and experiments. Ocean Engineering. vol. 149.
- (2018) Attitude estimation by multiplicative exogenous Kalman filter. Automatica. vol. 95.
- (2018) Globally Exponentially Stable Filters for Underwater Position Estimation Using an Array of Hydroacoustic Transducers on the Vehicle and A Single Transponder. Ocean Engineering. vol. 155.
- (2017) Globally Exponentially Stable Aided Inertial Navigation with hydroacoustic Measurements from A Single Transponder. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 37 (1).
- (2016) Time Domain Modeling of ROV Umbilical using Beam Equations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Development of collision risk indicators for autonomous subsea inspection maintenance and repair. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries.
- (2016) UW MORSE - The UnderWater Modular Open Robot Simulation Engine. Proceedings of the Symposium on Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Technology.
- (2016) Adaptable Joystick Control System for Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).