Background and activities
· Developing students’ academic writing skills in higher education
· Writing Across the Curriculum: Writing as a tool for learning in all subjects and on all levels
· English teachers as writers of English
· Genre pedagogy to promote writing skills
· The teacher's use of the MT in EFL classrooms
I have my education from NTNU (MA in English), Trondheim and State University of New York, USA (MA in Africana Studies). Before going into teacher training, I worked for several years as an English teacher in lower secondary and upper secondary school.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Hverandrevurdering som læringsverktøy i lærerstudenters tilegnelse av akademiske skriveferdigheter i engelsk. Norsk pedagogisk tidsskrift.
- (2014) English academic writing proficiency in higher education: Facilitating the transition from metalinguistic awareness to metalinguistic competence. Acta Didactica Norge - tidsskrift for fagdidaktisk forsknings- og utviklingsarbeid i Norge. vol. 8 (2).
- (2017) Kompetanse for kvalitet. Læreren som student. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2017. ISBN 9788202567316.