Background and activities
PhD from the University of Bergen in 2012.
Sleep, circadian rhythm and technology.
Shift work, health and individual differences in different populations, including nurses, musicians, offshore workers, police employees, students, young adults, youth and elderly.
Work and stress and how to adapt to and tolerate physically and mentaly challenging jobs.
Innovative research and education and popular scientific communication.
Project manager for the following research projects:
ResearchMe: Exploring the role of circadian rhythm and temporal diversity in affect and cognition using a novel research approach (ResearchMe)
SAPPH (Sleep, activity, psychosocial work environment and health of police employees): Longitudinal study coordinated by PhD student Torhild Anita Sørengaard.
SLEEPIC (Sleep, individual differences and cognitive functioning). Partial sleep deprivation study following 59 participants with actigraphy and cognitive testing for 10 days.
Shift work tolerance and individual differences. Longitudinal study of shift work, health and individual differences among night workers.
ResearchGate profiel: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ingvild_Saksvik-Lehouillier
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Anxiety as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease independent of depression: A narrative review of current status and conflicting findings. Health Psychology Open. vol. 8 (1).
- (2020) Anxiety as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease independent of depression: A prospective examination of community-dwelling men (The MrOS study). Psychology and Health. vol. 36 (2).
- (2020) A candidate perspective on personality testing in the selection process: The use of strategies and criteria for a positive experience. Cogent Psychology. vol. 7 (1).
- (2020) Mild to moderate partial sleep deprivation is associated with increased impulsivity and decreased positive affect in young adults. Sleep. vol. 43 (10).
- (2019) Demands and resources associated with mental health among Norwegian professional musicians. Work : A journal of Prevention, Assesment and rehabilitation. vol. 63 (1).
- (2019) Gender differences in factors associated with symptoms of depression among high school students: an examination of the direct and indirect effects of insomnia symptoms and physical activity. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Insomnia as a partial mediator of the relationship between personality and future symptoms of anxiety and depression among nurses. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10:901.
- (2019) Longitudinal and cross-sectional examination of the relationship between personality and fatigue among shift workers. Cogent Psychology. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) The Relationships between Life Satisfaction and Sleep Quality, Sleep Duration and Variability of Sleep in University Students. Journal of European Psychology Students (JEPS). vol. 9 (1).
- (2017) The predictive power of personality traits on insomnia symptoms: A longitudinal study of shift workers. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 115.
- (2017) Individual, lifestyle, and psychosocial factors related to insomnia among Norwegian musicians. Scandinavian Psychologist. vol. 4 (e19).
- (2017) INDIVIDUAL AND PSYCHOSOCIAL WORK FACTORS RELATED TO INSOMNIA IN MUSICIANS. Sleep. vol. 40.
- (2017) Parent-Child Interactions During Traditional and Interactive Media Settings: A Pilot Randomized Control Study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 59 (2).
- (2016) Personal Dispositions and Shift-Work Tolerance: A Longitudinal Study of Municipality Shift Workers. Journal of Employment Counseling. vol. 53 (4).
- (2016) Hardiness, psychosocial factors and shift work tolerance among nurses – a 2-year follow-up study. Journal of Advanced Nursing. vol. 72 (8).
- (2016) A pilot study examining if satisfaction of basic needs can ameliorate negative effects of shift work. Industrial Health. vol. 54 (2).
- (2016) Overcommitment in Students - A Purely Negative Trait? An Exploratory Approach Towards a More Comprehensive Understanding. College Student Journal. vol. 50 (3).
- (2016) Sleep difficulties and insomnia symptoms in Norwegian musicians compared to the general population and workforce. Behavioral Sleep Medicine. vol. 14 (3).
- (2015) Experiencing discomfort working alone on the night shift – Relations to shift work tolerance, personality, and work mastery. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- (2015) Towards a more comprehensive defnition of shift work tolerance. Industrial Health. vol. 53 (1).