Background and activities
I am a researcher at the Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics (CBD) and I am part of the Behaviour and Evolution Research group at the department of Biology. I have a wide field of interest within behavioural and evolutionary ecology. You can read about my research group here.
I work both empirically and theoretically to answer questions about how organisms adapt to variable and unpredictable environments. When we improve our understanding of how animals and plants adapt to variable environments we will also be better able to predict how they will cope with a changing environment in the future.
I participate in the Outstanding Academic Fellows programme for talent and career development for your researchers at NTNU. I am also listed among NTNUs expert lists for journalists, and I am happy to answer questions from journalists or others.
I am responsible for the course Biodiversity and conservation biology II (BI3082). If you have any questions regarding this course you are welcome to send me an email.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Sex ratio and density affect sexual seleciton in a sex-role reversed fish. Evolution. vol. 67 (11).
- (2013) Adaptive management of body mass by Siberian jays. Animal Behaviour. vol. 85 (2).
- (2012) Private and public information use strategies by foraging groups of wild Siberian jays. Animal Behaviour. vol. 83 (5).
- (2011) Inertia: the discrepancy between individual and common good in dispersal and prospecting behaviour. Biological Reviews. vol. 86 (3).
- (2010) Differential allocation and compensation: who deserves the silver spoon?. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2010) Social class influences degree of variance sensitivity in wild Siberian jays. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 21 (5).
- (2008) When density dependence is not instantaneous: theoretical developments and management implications. Ecology Letters. vol. 11.
- (2007) Use of winter habitat by roe deer at a northern latitude where Eurasian lynx are present. Journal of Zoology. vol. 273.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Copes regel. Store norske leksikon (snl.no 2015).
- (2014) proksimat forklaring. Store norske leksikon, snl.no (2014).
- (2014) ultimat forklaring. Store norske leksikon, snl.no (2014).
- (2013) artsdiversitet. Store norske leksikon (snl.no).
- (2013) effektiv populasjonsstørrelse. Store norske leksikon (snl.no).
- (2013) biologisk mangfold. Store norske leksikon (snl.no).
- (2013) klimakssamfunn. Store norske leksikon (snl.no).
- (2012) Foraging in a variable world. Adaptations to stochasticity. 2012.