Ivar Ståle Ertesvåg
Background and activities
Dr.ing. 1991 (Norwegian Institute of Technology, with Bjørn F. Magnussen). MSc. 1985 (Mechanical Engineering, Norwegian Institute of Technology)
Map, office (MazeMap)
- Engineering thermodynamics
- Turbulent flow and combustion modeling
- Fire modelling, participate in FRIC- Fire Research and Innovation Centre
- Exergy analysis, energy utilization, process analysis
- Thermodynamic properties
- Evaluation of inventions, energy devices
- Norwegian terminology
- TEP4125 Thermodynamics 2 http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TEP4125/
- TEP4170 Heat and combsution technology http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TEP4170/
- EP8001 Combustion physics http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/EP8001/
- EP8110 Exergy analysis http://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/EP8110/
Supervision, doctoral students (link to list)
- FRIC- Fire Research and Innovation Centre
- OxyFUN Fundamentals of Pressurized Oxy-fuel Combustion for Natural Gas Semi-Closed Combined Cycles
- nCO2pp - Negative CO2 Power Plant
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Development of a turbulence dissipation based reaction rate model for progress variable in turbulent premixed flames. Combustion theory and modelling.
- (2021) Scrutinizing proposed extensions to the Eddy Dissipation Concept (EDC) at low turbulence Reynolds numbers and low Damköhler numbers. Fuel. vol. 309.
- (2021) Large-eddy simulations of the flow over a semi-circular cylinder at Re = 50000. Computers & Fluids. vol. 228.
- (2021) Assessment of algebraic subgrid scale models for the flow over a triangular cylinder at Re = 45000. Ocean Engineering. vol. 222.
- (2021) Local entropy generation and entropy fluxes of a transient flame during head-on quenching towards solid and hydrogen-permeable porous walls. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 46 (52).
- (2020) Analysis of Some Recently Proposed Modifications to the Eddy Dissipation Concept (EDC). Combustion Science and Technology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2020) Experimental study of smouldering in wood pellets with and without air draft. Fuel. vol. 264.
- (2020) Computational analysis of premixed methane-air flame interacting with a solid wall or a hydrogen porous wall. Fuel. vol. 272.
- (2020) Study of MILD combustion using LES and advanced analysis tools. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. vol. 38 (4).
- (2018) Analysis of the Eddy Dissipation Concept formulation for MILD combustion modelling. Fuel. vol. 224.
- (2018) Reynolds-averaged, scale-adaptive and large-Eddy simulations of pemixed bluff-body combustion using the Eddy dissipation concept. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 100 (3).
- (2018) Gas turbine exhaust gas heat recovery by organic Rankine cycles (ORC) for offshore combined heat and power applications - Energy and exergy analysis. Energy. vol. 165 (Part B).
- (2018) Premixed hydrogen-air flames interacting with a hydrogen porous wall. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 43 (7).
- (2016) Vapor-liquid equilibrium data for the carbon dioxide and oxygen (CO2 + O2) system at the temperatures 218, 233, 253, 273, 288 and 298 K and pressures up to 14 MPa. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 421.
- (2016) Vapor-liquid equilibrium data for the carbon dioxide and nitrogen (CO2+N2) system at the temperatures 223, 270, 298 and 303 K and pressures up to 18 MPa. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 409.
- (2015) Exergy calculations based on a fixed standard reference environment vs. the actual ambient conditions: gas turbine and fuel cell examples. International Journal of Exergy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) An Extended Corresponding States Equation of State (EoS) for CCS Industry. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 137.
- (2015) Integrated multiscale simulation of CHP based district heating system. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 106.
- (2015) On turbulence criteria and model requirements for numerical simulation of turbulent flows above offshore helidecks. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 142.
- (2015) Numerical modeling of turbulence above offshore helideck – Comparison of different turbulence models. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 141.