Ivar Ståle Ertesvåg
Background and activities
Dr.ing. 1991 (Norwegian Institute of Technology, with Bjørn F. Magnussen). MSc. 1985 (Mechanical Engineering, Norwegian Institute of Technology)
Map, office (MazeMap)
- Engineering thermodynamics
- Turbulent flow and combustion modeling
- Fire modelling, participate in FRIC- Fire Research and Innovation Centre
- Exergy analysis, energy utilization, process analysis
- Thermodynamic properties
- Evaluation of inventions, energy devices
- Norwegian terminology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Analysis of Some Recently Proposed Modifications to the Eddy Dissipation Concept (EDC). Combustion Science and Technology.
- (2020) Experimental study of smouldering in wood pellets with and without air draft. Fuel. vol. 264.
- (2018) Analysis of the Eddy Dissipation Concept formulation for MILD combustion modelling. Fuel. vol. 224.
- (2018) Reynolds-averaged, scale-adaptive and large-Eddy simulations of pemixed bluff-body combustion using the Eddy dissipation concept. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 100 (3).
- (2018) Gas turbine exhaust gas heat recovery by organic Rankine cycles (ORC) for offshore combined heat and power applications - Energy and exergy analysis. Energy. vol. 165 (Part B).
- (2018) Premixed hydrogen-air flames interacting with a hydrogen porous wall. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (7).
- (2016) Vapor-liquid equilibrium data for the carbon dioxide and oxygen (CO2 + O2) system at the temperatures 218, 233, 253, 273, 288 and 298 K and pressures up to 14 MPa. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 421.
- (2016) Vapor-liquid equilibrium data for the carbon dioxide and nitrogen (CO2+N2) system at the temperatures 223, 270, 298 and 303 K and pressures up to 18 MPa. Fluid Phase Equilibria. vol. 409.
- (2015) Exergy calculations based on a fixed standard reference environment vs. the actual ambient conditions: gas turbine and fuel cell examples. International Journal of Exergy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) An Extended Corresponding States Equation of State (EoS) for CCS Industry. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 137.
- (2015) Integrated multiscale simulation of CHP based district heating system. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 106.
- (2015) On turbulence criteria and model requirements for numerical simulation of turbulent flows above offshore helidecks. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 142.
- (2015) Numerical modeling of turbulence above offshore helideck – Comparison of different turbulence models. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 141.
- (2014) Lærarlistene - alt folk i Ulstein prestegjeld 1835. Norsk Slektshistorisk Tidsskrift. vol. 44 (1-2).
- (2014) PVTx Modeling of CO2 Pipeline at Depressurization Conditions Using SPUNG Equation of State (EoS) with a Comparison to SRK. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Modelling CO2-water thermodynamics using SPUNG equation of state (EOS) concept with various reference fluids. Energy Procedia. vol. 51.
- (2014) Modelling CO2 - water mixture thermodynamics using various equations of state (EoSs) with emphasis on the potential of the SPUNG EoS. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 113.
- (2014) Large-eddy simulation of the flow over a circular cylinder at reynolds number 2 × 10. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 92 (3).
- (2014) Numerical Simulation of Non-premixed Turbulent Combustion Using the Eddy Dissipation Concept and Comparing with the Steady Laminar Flamelet Model. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 93 (4).
- (2014) Numerical Simulations of the Sandia Flame D Using the Eddy Dissipation Concept. Flow Turbulence and Combustion. vol. 93 (4).