Jabir Ali Ouassou
Background and activities
Jabir Ali Ouassou is a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Quantum Spintronics (NTNU). He has an MSc in applied physics and mathematics (NTNU, 2015) and a PhD in theoretical condensed matter physics (NTNU, 2019). He was awarded the Birkeland Prize 2020 for his PhD thesis “Manipulating superconductivity in magnetic nanostructures in and out of equilibrium”. During 2019-2021, he worked as a Research Scientist at SINTEF Energy Research, focusing on applied research on carbon capture, hydrogen production, and optimization models.
His main research interests are in superconductivity – specifically, how one can use e.g. magnetic elements or nonequilibrium potentials to control superconductivity in electronic devices. He is also interested in numerical physics, currently focused on linear-scaling algorithms for tight-binding systems.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Constrained adaptive sampling for domain reduction in surrogate model generation: Applications to hydrogen production. AIChE Journal. vol. 67 (11).
- (2021) Applying Endogenous Learning Models in Energy System Optimization. Energies. vol. 14 (16).
- (2021) Introducing global learning in regional energy system models. Energy Strategy Reviews. vol. 38.
- (2020) A combined fluid-dynamic and thermodynamic model to predict the onset of rapid phase transitions in LNG spills. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 69.
- (2020) Prediction of a paramagnetic Meissner effect in voltage-biased superconductor/normal-metal bilayers. Physical Review Letters. vol. 124 (4).
- (2020) Impact of uncertainties on the design and cost of CCS from a waste-to-energy plant. Frontiers in Energy Research.
- (2019) Voltage control of superconducting exchange interaction and anomalous Josephson effect. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (21).
- (2019) Controlling spin supercurrents via nonequilibrium spin injection. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2018) Field-free nucleation of antivortices and giant vortices in non-superconducting materials. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (20).
- (2018) Controlling the superconducting transition by spin-orbit coupling. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (18).
- (2018) Voltage-induced thin-film superconductivity in high magnetic fields. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (14).
- (2017) Analytically determined topological phase diagram of the proximity-induced gap in diffusive n-terminal Josephson junctions. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2017) Controlling supercurrents and their spatial distribution in ferromagnets. Nature Communications. vol. 8.
- (2017) Conservation of spin supercurrents in superconductors. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (9).
- (2017) Spin-switch Josephson junctions with magnetically tunable sin(δφ/n) current-phase relation. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (6).
- (2017) Triplet Cooper pairs induced in diffusive s-wave superconductors interfaced with strongly spin-polarized magnetic insulators or half-metallic ferromagnets. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Spectroscopic evidence of odd frequency superconducting order. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2016) Microwave control of the superconducting proximity effect and minigap in magnetic and normal metals. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Electric control of superconducting transition through a spin-orbit coupled interface. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.