Jan Tommy Gravdahl
Background and activities
see also my other official webpage
Tommy Gravdahl is professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). He was born in 1969 and graduated siv.ing (1994) and dr.ing (1998) in Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU. From 1998 to 2001 he was a postdoctoral researcher with the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He was appointed Associate Professor (2001) and Professor (2005) at the same department, where he served as deputy department head 2006-07 and department head in 2008/09. In 2007/08 he was with The Centre for Complex Dynamic Systems and Control (CDSC), The University of Newcastle, Australia. His current research interests include mathematical modeling and nonlinear control in general and with application to turbomachinery, spacecraft, robots, ships and nanopositioning devices. He has supervised the graduation of 78 MSc and 10 PhD. He has published more than 150 papers at conferences and in international journals and in 2000 he received theIEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Outstanding Paper Award. He is author of Compressor Surge and Rotating Stall: Modeling and Control (Springer 1999), co-author of Modeling and Simulation for Automatic Control (Marine Cybernetics 2002), Snake Robots: Modeling, Mechatronics, and Control (Springer 2013), Vehicle-Manipulator Systems: Modeling for Simulation, Analysis and Control (Springer 2014) and co-editor of Group Coordination and Cooperative Control (Springer 2006).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Comparison of KVP and RSI for Controlling KUKA Robots Over ROS. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Comparison of two second-order sliding mode control algorithms for an articulated intervention-AUV: Theory and experimental results. Ocean Engineering. vol. 222.
- (2021) Robotised Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing Using Set-based Control: Experimental Results. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Spacecraft Attitude and Angular Rate Tracking using Reaction Wheels and Magnetorquers. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Quaternion-Based Generalized Super-Twisting Algorithm for Spacecraft Attitude Control. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Fractional-order Control: Nyquist Constrained Optimization. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2021) Additive Manufacturing Path Generation for Robot Manipulators Based on CAD Models. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2020) Combined state and parameter estimation for not fully observable dynamic systems. IFAC Journal of Systems and Control. vol. 13.
- (2020) Combined Kinematic and Dynamic Control of Vehicle-Manipulator Systems. Mechatronics (Oxford). vol. 69.
- (2020) Tracking control of an articulated intervention autonomous underwater vehicle in 6DOF using generalized super-twisting: Theory and experiments. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. vol. 29 (1).
- (2020) Set-based collision avoidance applications to robotic systems. Mechatronics (Oxford). vol. 69.
- (2020) Linear Antisymmetric Recurrent Neural Networks. Proceedings of Machine Learning Research (PMLR). vol. 120.
- (2020) Compressor Surge Control Using Lyapunov Neural Networks. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 41 (2).
- (2019) Tracking control of an articulated intervention AUV in 6DOF using the generalized super-twisting algorithm. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 2019-July.
- (2019) Combined kinematic and dynamic control of an underwater swimming manipulator. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (21).
- (2019) Wire arc additive manufacturing by robot manipulator: Towards creating complex geometries. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (11).
- (2019) Path Following, Obstacle Detection and Obstacle Avoidance for Thrusted Underwater Snake Robots. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. vol. 6.
- (2019) Generalized Lyapunov Demodulator for Amplitude and Phase Estimation by the Internal Model Principle. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (15).
- (2019) Path following control for articulated intervention-AUVs using geometric control of reduced attitude. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (16).
- (2018) Stability of the Tracking Problem with Task-Priority Inverse Kinematics. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (222).