Johan Håkon Bjørngaard
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Does cognitive behavioural therapy or mindfulness-based therapy improve mental health and emotion regulation among men who perpetrate intimate partner violence? A randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies.
- (2020) Genetic associations with temporal shifts in obesity and severe obesity during the obesity epidemic in Norway: A longitudinal population-based cohort (the HUNT Study). PLoS Medicine.
- (2020) Separating the genetics of childhood and adult obesity: a validation study of genetic scores for body mass index in adolescence and adulthood in the HUNT Study. Human Molecular Genetics.
- (2020) Avoiding dynastic, assortative mating, and population stratification biases in Mendelian randomization through within-family analyses. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Cognitive behavioural group therapy versus mindfulness-based stress reduction group therapy for intimate partner violence: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) Hospitals' Discharge Tendency and Risk of Death - An Analysis of 60,000 Norwegian Hip Fracture Patients. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 12.
- (2020) Improving Safety Among Pregnant Women Reporting Domestic Violence in Nepal—A Pilot Study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 17 (7).
- (2020) Changes in General Practitioners’ consultation frequency over time for patients with hypertension or anxiety/depression symptoms: a 10-year follow-up of the Norwegian HUNT study. Family Practice. vol. 37 (2).
- (2020) Socioeconomic inequalities in the prevalence of complex multimorbidity in a Norwegian population: findings from the cross-sectional HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (6).
- (2020) Socioeconomic position, multimorbidity and mortality in a population cohort, the HUNT Study. Journal of Clinical Medicine.
- (2019) The effect of emergency department delays on 30-days mortality in Central Norway. European journal of emergency medicine. vol. 26.
- (2019) Quantifying the impact of genes on body mass index during the obesity epidemic: Longitudinal findings from the HUNT Study. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 366.
- (2019) Random error units, extension of a novel method to express random error in epidemiological studies. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Validity of the FINDRISC as a prediction tool for diabetes in a contemporary Norwegian population: a 10-year follow-up of the HUNT study. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 7:e000769.
- (2019) Cognitive behavioural group therapy for male perpetrators of intimate partner violence: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19.
- (2019) Contact with primary health care physicians before an acute hospitalisation. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 37 (3).
- (2019) Body mass index and all cause mortality in HUNT and UK Biobank studies: linear and non-linear mendelian randomisation analyses. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 364.
- (2019) Increasing workload in Norwegian general practice – a qualitative study. BMC Family Practice. vol. 20 (68).
- (2019) The effect of smoking intensity on all-cause and cause-specific mortality-a Mendelian randomization analysis. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 48 (5).
- (2018) Time of admission and mortality after hip fracture – a detailed look at the weekend effect in a nationwide study of 55 211 hip fracture patients in Norway. Acta Orthopaedica. vol. 89.