Jon Alvarez Justo
Background and activities
Graduated in Telecommunications Technologies Engineering (4 years Bsc) by the University of Vigo (Spain), specialized in Signal Processing, Communications and Electronics. Graduated in Electronic Systems Design (2 years Msc) by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Team member of NTNU Small Satellite Lab: currently working on HYPer-spectral SmallSat for ocean Observation (HYPSO). Working in mission 2 to observe oceanographic phenomena by means of a Small Satellite equipped with a hyperspectral camera. Example of use cases can be monitoring harmful algal blooms which can pose a significant risk for fish farms. Summary video about the mission: https://youtu.be/AgHT6oOumuE
Team member of ELO-HYP project consortium: Efficient Learning and Optimization Tools for Hyperspectral Imaging Systems (ELO-Hyp) aims to create, analyze and implement efficient learning and optimization algorithms for hyperspectral imaging models with applications to ocean monitoring - among others.
Main research interests:
- Compressive Sensing for Sparse Signal Reconstruction
- Artificial Intelligence (Convolutional Neural Networks)
- Reconfigurable computing (FPGA platforms)
- Multispectral/Hyperspectral Imaging
- TFE4171 - Design of Digital Systems 2: lab responsible, assistance and grading.
- TTT4265 - Electronic System Design and Analysis II: FPGA lab responsible, assistance and grading.
- Forelesning/lectures support.
- Exams grading.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Part of book/report
- (2020) Compressive Sensing on Three Dimensional SFCW Ground-Penetrating Radar. 2020 9th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO).