Background and activities
Jon Atle Gulla is professor of Information Systems at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway, since 2002. He was the head of the Department of Computer and Information Science 2010—2012 and the deputy head 2009-2010 and 2012-2013. He is the co-leader of the Web Intelligence and Semantics lab.
Gulla received his MSc in 1988 and his PhD in 1993, both in Information Systems at the Norwegian Institute of Technology. He also has a MSc in Linguistics from the University of Trondheim from 1995 and a MSc of Management (Sloan fellow) from London Business School from 2003.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Why enriching business transactions with linked open data may be problematic in classification tasks. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 786.
- (2017) Design and Development of a Mobile Decision Support System: Guiding Clinicians Regarding Law in the Practice of Psychiatry in Emergency Department. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) Rethinking Conventional Collaborative Filtering for Recommending Daily Fashion Outfits. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1887.
- (2017) A joint model for analyzing topic and sentiment dynamics from large-scale online news. World wide web (Bussum).
- (2017) Investigating contextual ontologies and document corpus characteristics for information access in engineering settings. Journal of IT Cases and Applications. vol. 19 (1).
- (2017) Making use of external company data to improve the classification of bank transactions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10604 LNAI.
- (2016) The Intricacies of Time in News Recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1618.
- (2016) 4th international workshop on news recommendation and analytics (INRA 2016). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1618.
- (2016) Third International Workshop on News Recommendation and Analytics (INRA). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1542.
- (2016) Sentiment Analysis of Norwegian Twitter News Entities. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1818.
- (2016) Survey of User Profiling in News Recommender Systems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1542.
- (2016) Context-Aware User-Driven News Recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1642.
- (2015) Taming news streams with linked data. Proceedings of the ... International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science. vol. 2015-June (June).
- (2015) User controlled news recommendations. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1438.
- (2015) Context-aware user-driven news recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1542.
- (2013) Learning user profiles in mobile news recommendation. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. vol. 2 (3).
- (2013) On the Intrinsic Challenges of Group Recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1066.
- (2012) Industrial application of semantic process mining. Enterprise Information Systems. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Semantic Annotation from Social Data. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 830.
- (2011) Concept Signatures and Semantic Drift. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 75.