Karl Henning Halse
Background and activities
Main fields of competence
- Ship design
- Ship hydrodynamics
- Ship structural analysis
- Dynamic analysis of marine structures
- Marine operations
- Numerical simulation of viscous flows
- Vortex-induced vibrations
Teaching (both B.Eng. and M.Sc. courses)
- Ship design courses
- Marine hydrodynamics
- Marine operations
- Ocean space installations
- Computer-Aided Engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Active heave compensation of floating wind turbine installation using a catamaran construction vessel. Marine Structures. vol. 75.
- (2019) Is Full-autonomy the Way to Go Towards Maximizing the Ocean Potentials?. TransNav, International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation. vol. 13 (1).
- (2018) Dynamic response analysis of a catamaran installation vessel during the positioning of a wind turbine assembly onto a spar foundation. Marine Structures. vol. 61.
- (2018) Dynamic Simulation and Control of an Active Roll Reduction System Using Free-Flooding Tanks With Vacuum Pumps [J]. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (6).
- (2015) Hierarchical control of marine vehicles for autonomous maneuvering in offshore operations. Ship Technology Research. vol. 62 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Virtual Prototyping of a Low-Height Lifting System for Offshore Wind Turbine Installation. ASME 2020 39th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 9: Ocean Renewable Energy.
- (2020) Description of ship motion and comparison of a real-time unified hydrodynamic model with free running tests in calm water and regular waves. Proceedings of the Thirtieth (2020) International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference Shanghai, China, October 11-16, 2020.
- (2019) Evaluation of a Practical Approach for Numerical Propulsion Tests. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019): Volume 2: CFD and FSI.
- (2018) Mating Control of a Wind Turbine Tower-Nacelle-Rotor Assembly for a Catamaran Installation Vessel. The Proceedings of The Twenty-eighth (2018) International OCEAN AND POLAR ENGINEERING CONFERENCE, ISOPE 2018.
- (2017) Numerical Study for a Catamaran Gripper-Monopile Mechanism of a Novel Offshore Wind Turbine Assembly Installation Procedure. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 9: Offshore Geotechnics; Torgeir Moan Honoring Symposium.
- (2017) Dynamic Simulation and Control of an Active Roll Reduction System Using Free-Flooding Tanks With Vacuum Pumps. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2016) Non-Isothermal Sloshing in Marine Liquefied Natural Gas Fuel Tanks. Proceedings of the Twenty-sixth International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference - ISOPE 2016.
- (2016) Sloshing flows in a free surface anti roll tank - Numerical simulations and experimental validation. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).
- (2014) Lifting Operations for Subsea Installations Using Small Construction Vessels and Active Heave Compensation Systems: A Simulation Approach. ASME 2014 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 1A: Offshore Technology San Francisco, California, USA, June 8–13, 2014.
- (2009) CFD investigation in scale effect on propellers with different magnitude of skew in turbulent flow. The First International Symposium on Marine Propulsors : smp'09 : proceedings of smp : Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim, Norway, 22-24 of June, 2009.
- (2020) Fremtidens yrkesfaglærerutdanning ved NTNU. Delrapport 1 og 2. 2020.
- (2016) Alternative personelltransport- og evakueringsløsninger. 2016.
- (2016) Dual Quaternion Variational Integrator for Rigid Body Dynamic Simulation. 2016.