Background and activities
Associate Professor in Psychology.
Background: PhD in developmental psychology.
Research interests: Phonological development, infant directed speech, infant speech perception and general language development.
Member of two research groups: Speech, Cognition and Language Research Group (SCaLa) and Learning and Skill Development (Mind, Brain and Education).
- PSYPRO4312 - Cognitive Psychology 2
- PSY1122 - Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- PSY1012 - Cognitive Psychology 1
- PSY2012 - Cognitive Psychology 2
- PSYPRO4112 - Cognitive Psychology 1
- PSY1502 - Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- PSYK4122 - Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Child-directed Speech in a Norwegian Kindergarten Setting. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2019) Perception of audiovisual infant directed speech. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- (2018) Young children's television viewing and the quality of their interactions with parents: A prospective community study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) Hypoarticulation in infant-directed speech. Applied Psycholinguistics. vol. 39 (1).
- (2017) Associations of Physical Fitness and Motor Competence With Reading Skills in 9- and 12-Year-Old Children: A Longitudinal Study. Sage Open. vol. 7 (2).
- (2017) Parent-Child Interactions During Traditional and Interactive Media Settings: A Pilot Randomized Control Study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 59 (2).
- (2014) Norms on the gender perception of role nouns in Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Slovak. Behavior Research Methods. vol. 46 (3).
- (2006) Changes in infant directed speech in the first six months. Infant and Child Development. vol. 15 (2).
- (2006) Changes in Infant Directed Speech in the First Six Months. Infant and Child Development. vol. 15 (2).
- (2005) Voice onset in infant directed speech over the first six months. First language. vol. 25 (2).
- (2005) Infant directed speech in natural interaction - Norwegian vowel quantity and quality. Journal of Psycholinguistic Research. vol. 34.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Språkutvikling - ferdigheter, vansker og erfaring. Læringsvansker.
- (2014) Ferdighetsutvikling og læring hos barn. Utvikling, lek og læring i barnehagen. Forskning og praksis.
- (2005) Utvikling av talpersepsjon. Ferdighetsutvikling. Utvikling av grunnleggende ferdigheter hos barn.
- (2005) Utvikling av talepersepsjon. Ferdighetsutvikling : grunnbok i utvikling av barns ferdigheter.
- (2006) Characteristics of and preference for infant directed speech. 2006.