Kristian Etienne Einarsrud
Background and activities
Kristian Etienne Einarsrud (born 1984) holds a M.Sc. (sivilingeniør) in Physics and Mathematics (2008) and a PhD in Fluid Mechanics from NTNU (2012).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Multiphase flow
- Process metallurgy
- Energy materials (TMAK3004)
- Mechanical modelling (TMAK2008)
- Chemical engineering (TKJE3004)
- Heat and mass transfer (TMAK2007)
- Advanced heat and mass transfer (TMT4208)
- Particle dissolution and agglomeration
- Process modelling
- Electrochemical gas evolution
- Gas evolution in industrial Hall-Héroult cells
- Transport phenomena in flow cell batteries
Affiliated PhD-students (main supervisor):
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) A heat and mass transfer problem for the dissolution of an alumina particle in a cryolite bath. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 162.
- (2020) Shape Factor Effect on Inclusion Sedimentation in Aluminum Melts. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B.
- (2020) Utilization of waste heat for pre-heating of anodes. Light Metals.
- (2020) Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of the Resistivity and Power Density in Reverse Electrodialysis: A Parametric Study. Membranes. vol. 10 (9).
- (2020) Electrodialytic Energy Storage System: Permselectivity, Stack Measurements and Life-Cycle Analysis. Energies. vol. 13 (5).
- (2020) Modeling interfacial mass transfer driven bubble growth in supersaturated solutions. AIP Advances. vol. 10.
- (2020) Numerical simulation of bubble growth in a supersaturated solution. Applied Mathematical Modelling. vol. 81.
- (2020) On sharp surface force model: effect of sharpening coefficient. Experimental and Computational Multiphase Flow.
- (2019) Alumina Feeding and Raft Formation: Raft Collection and Process Parameters. Light Metals.
- (2019) The micro- and macrostructure of alumina rafts. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2019) Energy generation and storage by salinity gradient power: A model-based assessment. Journal of Energy Storage. vol. 24.
- (2019) Heat to H2: Using Waste Heat for Hydrogen Production through Reverse Electrodialysis. Energies. vol. 12 (18).
- (2019) Comparison of Surface Tension Models for the Volume of Fluid Method. Processes. vol. 7 (8).
- (2018) CFD Modelling of Alumina Feeding. Light Metals.
- (2018) New Insights into Computational Fluid Dynamic Modeling of the Resistivity and Overpotential in Reverse Electrodialysis. ECS Transactions. vol. 85 (13).
- (2018) Temperature and Velocity Effects on Mass and Momentum Transport in Spacer-Filled Channels for Reverse Electrodialysis: A Numerical Study. Energies. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Analysis of Bubble Nucleation Mechanisms in Supersaturated Solutions: A Macroscopic Perspective. Meeting Abstracts - The Electrochemical Society [ECS]. vol. MA2018-01 (21).
- (2018) Explanation of Bubble Nucleation Mechanisms: A Gradient Theory Approach. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165 (10).
- (2017) Towards a coupled multi-scale, multi-physics simulation framework for aluminium electrolysis. Applied Mathematical Modelling. vol. 44.
- (2015) Impact of Variable Bath Chemistry and Wetting on Gas Bubble Flow in Aluminium Electrolysis Cells. Light Metals.