Background and activities
Kristian Etienne Einarsrud (born 1984) hold a M.Sc. (sivilingeniør) in Physics and Mathematics (2008) and a PhD in Fluid Mechanics from NTNU (2012).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Multiphase flow
- Mechanical modelling (TMAK2008)
- Functional materials (TMAK2010)
- Chemical engineering (TKJE3004)
- Heat and mass transfer (TMAK2007)
- Gas evolution in industrial Hall-Héroult cells
- Transport phenomena in flow cell batteries
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Towards a coupled multi-scale, multi-physics simulation framework for aluminium electrolysis. Applied Mathematical Modelling. vol. 44.
- (2015) Impact of Variable Bath Chemistry and Wetting on Gas Bubble Flow in Aluminium Electrolysis Cells. Light Metals.
- (2015) The impact of bubble-bubble interaction on anodic gas release: A water model analysis. Light Metals. vol. 2015-January.
- (2015) Wetting between carbon and cryolitic melts. Part II: Effect of bath properties and polarisation. Light Metals. vol. 2015-January.
- (2014) On the Influence of MHD Driven Convection on Cathode Wear. Light Metals.
- (2012) Modelling of bubble behaviour in aluminium reduction cells. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, An International Journal. vol. 12 (2/3).
- (2012) Anodic Bubble Behaviour in Hall-Héroult Cells. Light Metals.
- (2010) The Effect of Detaching Bubbles on Aluminum-Cryolite Interfaces: An Experimental and Numerical Investigation. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. vol. 41 (3).
- (2009) Kinetic energy approach to dissolving axisymmetric multiphase plumes. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. vol. 135 (12).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Coupled multi-scale, multi-physics simulation framework for aluminium electrolysis. Eleventh International Conference on CFD in the Minerals and Process Industries CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia 7-9 December 2015.
- (2015) On pragmatism in industrial modeling. Progress in Applied CFD : Selected papers from 10th International Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics in the Oil & Gas, Metallurgical and Process Industries.
- (2014) Revised benchmark problem for modeling of metal flow and metal heaving in reduction cells. Light Metals 2014, Proceedings of the symposia sponsored by the TMS Aluminum Committee at the TMS 2014 Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
- (2011) ANODIC VOLTAGE OSCILLATIONS IN HALL-HÉROULT CELLS. Light Metals 2011.
- (2012) A Treatise On Interpolar Transport Phenomena. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-3699-7.