Kristin Hestmann Vinjerui
Background and activities
Cand. med. 2010, NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
My project is 'Multimorbidity, operationalization and social epidemiolgy of multimorbidity'. People with low social status, on average have worse health, both somatic and mental. I investigate the prevalence of multimorbidity in a general population, and its association to socioeconomic position, sex and age. I explore several definitions of multimorbidity. I also investigate how different definitions of multimorbidity and its determinants, associates with mortality.The data are from HUNT3, the third wave of the HUNT Study, performed in 2006-08. I have created a complete list of chronic conditions in HUNT3, from which different operationalizations of multimorbidity can be derived.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Associations between complex multimorbidity, activities of daily living and mortality among older Norwegians. A prospective cohort study: the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 20.
- (2020) Socioeconomic inequalities in the prevalence of complex multimorbidity in a Norwegian population: findings from the cross-sectional HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (6).
- (2020) Socioeconomic position, multimorbidity and mortality in a population cohort, the HUNT Study. Journal of Clinical Medicine. vol. 9 (9).
- (2020) Prevalence of multimorbidity with frailty and associations with socioeconomic position in an adult population: findings from the cross-sectional HUNT Study in Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (6).
- (2021) Covid-19 etter fødeland fra mars 2020 til februar 2021. 2021. ISBN 978-82-8406-177-1.