Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the computer science department (IDI). At IDI he was Department Head 2017-2021. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and previously Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, information systems engineering, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment, sustainable smart cities and sustainable digitalization in general. He has published more than 350 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of August 2021 is 52, G-index 89 according to Google Scholar. c-score 3.38 (Stanford 2020)
(Foto: Geir Mogen/NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A Novel Model for Data-Driven Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Strategic Roadmap to Transformational Change in the Era of Big Data. Future Cities and Environment.
- (2021) Data-Driven Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Novel Model of Urbanism and Its Core Dimensions, Strategies, and Solutions. Journal of Futures Studies.
- (2021) Modelling pervasive platforms and digital services for smart urban transformation using an enterprise architecture framework. Information Technology and People. vol. 34 (4).
- (2020) Compact city Planning and Development: Emerging Practices and Strategies for Achieving the Goals of Sustainability. Developments in the Built Environment.
- (2020) Environmentally Data-Driven Smart Sustainable Cities: Applied Innovative Solutions for Energy Efficiency, Pollution Reduction, and Urban Metabolism. Energy Informatics. vol. 3.
- (2020) Smart Eco-City Strategies and Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of Royal Seaport, Stockholm, and Western Harbor, Malmö, Sweden. Urban Science. vol. 4 (1).
- (2020) The Emerging Data–Driven Smart City and its Innovative Applied Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of London and Barcelona. Energy Informatics.
- (2020) Big data driven multi-tier architecture for electric mobility as a service in smart cities: A design science approach. International Journal of Energy Sector Management. vol. 14 (5).
- (2020) Smart Facility Management: Future Healthcare Organization through Indoor Positioning Systems in the Light of Enterprise BIM. Smart Cities. vol. 3 (3).
- (2020) Introducing sustainability in IT education: The case of a course in user-centred design. Conference Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference.
- (2020) Becoming Fully Operational: Employability and the Need for Training of Computer Science Graduates. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2020) The role of information governance in big data analytics driven innovation. Information & Management. vol. 57 (7).
- (2020) Examining the interplay between big data analytics and contextual factors in driving process innovation capabilities. European Journal of Information Systems. vol. 29 (3).
- (2020) Building dynamic capabilities by leveraging big data analytics: The role of organizational inertia. Information & Management.
- (2020) Distributed-to-Centralized Data Management: A New Sense of Large-Scale ICT Management of Smart City IoT Networks. IEEE Internet of Things Magazine (IoT). vol. 3.
- (2019) A scholarly backcasting approach to a novel model for smart sustainable cities of the future: strategic problem orientation. City, Territory and Architecture. vol. 6 (1).
- (2019) Generating a Vision for Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. European Journal of Futures Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Towards a Novel Model for Smart Sustainable City Planning and Development: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. Journal of Futures Studies. vol. 24 (1).
- (2019) API deployment for big data management towards sustainable energy prosumption in smart cities-a layered architecture perspective. International Journal of Sustainable Energy. vol. 39 (3).
- (2019) Big data-oriented energy prosumption service in smart community districts: a multi-case study perspective. Energy Informatics. vol. 2 (1).
- Computer technology
- Information and communication science
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling