Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the IDI-department. At IDI he is Department Head. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment and mobile information systems. He has published around 250 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of July 2018 is 40, G-index 62 according to Google Scholar.
(Foto: Geir Mogen/NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Harnessing Mobility Data in Cities: A Case Study from the Bergen Region. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 26 (1).
- (2018) Guest lectures in IT education - Recommendations based on an empirical study. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2018) Supporting adaptive learning pathways through the use of learning analytics: developments, challenges and future opportunities. Interactive Learning Environments. vol. 26 (2).
- (2018) The human side of big data: Understanding the skills of the data scientist in education and industry. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2018) Big Data Analytics as an Enabler of Process Innovation Capabilities: A Configurational Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. LNCS 11080.
- (2018) Big Data Enabled Organizational Transformation: The Effect of Inertia in Adoption and Diffusion. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 320.
- (2018) Female Leadership in Software Projects—A Preliminary Result on Leadership Style and Project Context Factors. Studies in Computational Intelligence.
- (2018) Big Data and Business Analytics Ecosystems: Paving the way towards digital transformation and sustainable societies. Information Systems and E-Business Management. vol. 16 (3).
- (2018) From expert discipline to common practice: a vision and research agenda for extending the reach of enterprise modeling. Business & Information Systems Engineering. vol. 60 (1).
- (2017) Supporting Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventories Using Business Process Modeling: A Case Study of Trondheim Municipality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 281.
- (2017) ICT of the New Wave of Computing for Sustainable Urban Forms: Their Big Data and Context–Aware Augmented Typologies and Design Concepts. Sustainable cities and society. vol. 32.
- (2017) On the Social Shaping Dimensions of Smart Sustainable Cities: A Study in Science, Technology, and Society. Sustainable cities and society. vol. 29.
- (2017) Smart sustainable cities of the future: An extensive interdisciplinary literature review. Sustainable cities and society. vol. 31.
- (2017) The Core Enabling Technologies of Big Data Analytics and Context-Aware Computing for Smart Sustainable Cities: A Review and Synthesis. Journal of Big Data. vol. 4 (1).
- (2017) Big Data and Context–Aware Computing Applications for Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1818.
- (2017) Combining top-down and bottom-up enterprise modelling. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1859.
- (2017) An empirical study of the adoption of an indoor location-based service: Finding reading rooms. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction. vol. 13 (2).
- (2017) Big data analytics capabilities: a systematic literature review and research agenda. Information Systems and E-Business Management.
- (2017) Social Media and Analytics for Competitive Performance: A Conceptual Research Framework. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 263.
- Computer technology
- Information and communication systems
- Information policy
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling