Background and activities
John Krogstie (1967) holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the computer science department (IDI). At IDI he was Department Head 2017-2021. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and previously Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, information systems engineering, quality of models and modelling languages, neuroconceptualization, eGovernment, sustainable smart cities and sustainable digitalization in general. He has published more than 350 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of December 2021 is 54, G-index 94 according to Google Scholar. c-score 3.48 (Stanford 2021)
(Foto: Geir Mogen/NTNU).
- TDT4252 - Enterprise Architecture for Enterprise Innovation
- DT8110 - IS Development
- TDT4175 - Information Systems
- DT8802 - Enterprise Architecture for Enterprise Innovation
- IT3020 - Current Topics in Informatics
- TDT4861 - Experts in Teamwork - Use of AI and Big Data for Sustainable Development
- TDT4857 - Experts in Teamwork - Smart Cities as A Complex System
- TDT4900 - Computer Science, Master's Thesis
- IT3950 - Informatics Postgraduate Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A novel model for data-driven smart sustainable cities of the future: A strategic roadmap to transformational change in the era of big data. Future Cities and Environment. vol. 7.
- (2021) Data-Driven Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Novel Model of Urbanism and Its Core Dimensions, Strategies, and Solutions. Journal of Futures Studies.
- (2021) Modelling pervasive platforms and digital services for smart urban transformation using an enterprise architecture framework. Information Technology and People. vol. 34 (4).
- (2021) A Model to Evaluate the Acceptance and Usefulness of Enterprise Architecture for Digitalization of Cities. Kybernetes.
- (2021) Artificial Intelligence and Business Value: a Literature Review. Information Systems Frontiers.
- (2021) Benefits management in software development: A systematic review of empirical studies. IET Software. vol. 15 (1).
- (2021) From employable to fully operational: The need for training of computer science graduates. International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy (iJEP). vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) Artificial intelligence as an enabler of B2B marketing: A dynamic capabilities micro-foundations approach. Industrial Marketing Management.
- (2021) NOKOBIT 2021 Preface. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2021) The Future of Information Systems in a Post-COVID World. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology.
- (2020) Compact city Planning and Development: Emerging Practices and Strategies for Achieving the Goals of Sustainability. Developments in the Built Environment.
- (2020) Environmentally Data-Driven Smart Sustainable Cities: Applied Innovative Solutions for Energy Efficiency, Pollution Reduction, and Urban Metabolism. Energy Informatics. vol. 3.
- (2020) Smart Eco-City Strategies and Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of Royal Seaport, Stockholm, and Western Harbor, Malmö, Sweden. Urban Science. vol. 4 (1).
- (2020) The Emerging Data–Driven Smart City and its Innovative Applied Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of London and Barcelona. Energy Informatics.
- (2020) Big data driven multi-tier architecture for electric mobility as a service in smart cities: A design science approach. International Journal of Energy Sector Management. vol. 14 (5).
- (2020) Smart Facility Management: Future Healthcare Organization through Indoor Positioning Systems in the Light of Enterprise BIM. Smart Cities. vol. 3 (3).
- (2020) Introducing sustainability in IT education: The case of a course in user-centred design. Conference Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference.
- (2020) Becoming Fully Operational: Employability and the Need for Training of Computer Science Graduates. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2020) The role of information governance in big data analytics driven innovation. Information & Management. vol. 57 (7).
- (2020) Examining the interplay between big data analytics and contextual factors in driving process innovation capabilities. European Journal of Information Systems. vol. 29 (3).
- Computer technology
- Information and communication science
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling