Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the IDI-department. At IDI he is Vice Chair, leading the research group on information systems and software engineering (ISSE). John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment and mobile information systems. He has published around 250 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of January 2017 is 35, G-index 55.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Supporting Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventories Using Business Process Modeling: A Case Study of Trondheim Municipality. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 281.
- (2017) ICT of the New Wave of Computing for Sustainable Urban Forms: Their Big Data and Context–Aware Augmented Typologies and Design Concepts. Sustainable cities and society.
- (2017) On the Social Shaping Dimensions of Smart Sustainable Cities: A Study in Science, Technology, and Society. Sustainable cities and society. vol. 29.
- (2017) Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: An Extensive Interdisciplinary Literature Review. Sustainable cities and society.
- (2017) An empirical study of the adoption of an indoor location-based service: Finding reading rooms. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction. vol. 13 (2).
- (2017) Supporting adaptive learning pathways through the use of learning analytics: developments, challenges and future opportunities. Interactive Learning Environments.
- (2017) Social Media and Analytics for Competitive Performance: A Conceptual Research Framework. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 263.
- (2016) Experimentation with a System Dynamics Based Interactive Learning Environment: A Case Study of Accessibility of Norwegian Municipalities Websites. International journal of simulation. Systems, Science and Technology. vol. 17 (35).
- (2016) Visualizing a city within a city – Mapping mobility within a university campus. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. vol. 166.
- (2016) A Measurement-Driven Approach to Understand Urban Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Nordic Cities. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2016) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE PUBLIC AND THE PRIVATE SECTOR IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT AND EVOLUTION PRACTICE AND RESULTS. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2016) Enterprise process modeling in practice-Experiences from a case study in the healthcare sector. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 248.
- (2016) The effect of flow experience and social norms on the adoption of mobile games in China. International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction. vol. 8 (1).
- (2016) Exploring the relationship between video lecture usage patterns and students' attitudes. British Journal of Educational Technology. vol. 47 (6).
- (2016) Video-based learning ecosystem to support active learning: application to an introductory computer science course. Smart Learning Environments. vol. 3.
- (2016) Considering Self-Efficacy in Reflection. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1736.
- (2016) Enterprise modelling for the masses – From elitist discipline to common practice. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 267.
- (2016) APP FOR EARLY DETECTION OF DYSLEXIA – IMPLEMENTATION AND ONGOING EVALUATION. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- Computer technology
- Information and communication systems
- Information policy
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling