Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the computer science department (IDI). At IDI he is Department Head. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and previously Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, information systems engineering, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment and sustainable smart cities. He has published more than 350 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of August 2020 is 45, G-index 78 according to Google Scholar.
(Foto: Geir Mogen/NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Compact city Planning and Development: Emerging Practices and Strategies for Achieving the Goals of Sustainability. Development in the Built Environment.
- (2020) Smart Eco-City Strategies and Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of Royal Seaport, Stockholm, and Western Harbor, Malmö, Sweden. Urban Science.
- (2020) The Data-Driven Smart Sustainable City as a Novel Model of Urbanism: Its Core Principles, Strategies, and Solutions. Journal of Futures Studies.
- (2020) The Emerging Data–Driven Smart City and its Innovative Applied Solutions for Sustainability: The Cases of London and Barcelona. Energy Informatics.
- (2020) Big Data Driven Multi-Tier Architecture for Electric Mobility as a Service in Smart Cities: A Design Science Approach. International Journal of Energy Sector Management. vol. 14 (5).
- (2020) Smart Facility Management: Future Healthcare Organization through Indoor Positioning Systems in the Light of Enterprise BIM. Smart Cities. vol. 3.
- (2020) Introducing sustainability in IT education: The case of a course in user-centred design. Conference Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference.
- (2020) Becoming Fully Operational: Employability and the Need for Training of Computer Science Graduates. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2019) A scholarly backcasting approach to a novel model for smart sustainable cities of the future: strategic problem orientation. City, Territory and Architecture. vol. 6 (1).
- (2019) Generating a Vision for Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. European Journal of Futures Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Towards a Novel Model for Smart Sustainable City Planning and Development: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. Journal of Futures Studies. vol. 24 (1).
- (2019) API deployment for big data management towards sustainable energy prosumption in smart cities-a layered architecture perspective. International Journal of Sustainable Energy. vol. 39 (3).
- (2019) Big data-oriented energy prosumption service in smart community districts: a multi-case study perspective. Energy Informatics. vol. 2 (1).
- (2019) Using business analytics to enhance dynamic capabilities in operations research: A case analysis and research agenda. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 281 (3).
- (2019) Magno App: Exploring Visual Processing in Adults with High and Low Reading Competence. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2019) A method to evaluate quality of modelling languages based on the Zachman reference taxonomy. Software quality journal.
- (2019) The relations between IT work distribution, project benefits management and organizational performance. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 27 (1).
- (2019) Big Data Analytics Capabilities and Innovation: The Mediating Role of Dynamic Capabilities and Moderating Effect of the Environment. British Journal of Management. vol. 30 (2).
- (2019) Big data analytics and firm performance: Findings from a mixed-method approach. Journal of Business Research. vol. 98.
- (2019) Investigating the data science skill gap: An empirical analysis. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON. vol. April-2019.
- Computer technology
- Information and communication systems
- Information policy
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling