Background and activities
John Krogstie holds a PhD (1995) and a MSc (1991) in information systems from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), where he is currently a full professor in information systems at the computer science department (IDI). At IDI he is Department Head. John Krogstie is the Norwegian representative and previously Vice-Chair for IFIP TC8 and was chair of IFIP WG 8.1 on information system design and evaluations (2010-2015). His research interests are information systems modelling, information systems engineering, quality of models and modelling languages, eGovernment and mobile information systems. He has published around 300 refereed papers in journals, books and archival proceedings since 1991. H-index as of Oktober 2019 is 41, G-index 69 according to Google Scholar.
(Foto: Geir Mogen/NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A scholarly backcasting approach to a novel model for smart sustainable cities of the future: strategic problem orientation. City, Territory and Architecture. vol. 6 (1).
- (2019) Generating a Vision for Smart Sustainable Cities of the Future: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. European Journal of Futures Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Towards a Novel Model for Smart Sustainable City Planning and Development: A Scholarly Backcasting Approach. Journal of Futures Studies. vol. 24 (1).
- (2019) API deployment for big data management towards sustainable energy prosumption in smart cities-a layered architecture perspective. International Journal of Sustainable Energy. vol. 39 (3).
- (2019) Big data-oriented energy prosumption service in smart community districts: a multi-case study perspective. Energy Informatics. vol. 2 (1).
- (2019) Using business analytics to enhance dynamic capabilities in operations research: A case analysis and research agenda. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 281 (3).
- (2019) A method to evaluate quality of modelling languages based on the Zachman reference taxonomy. Software quality journal.
- (2019) THE RELATIONS BETWEEN IT WORK DISTRIBUTION, PROJECT BENEFITS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 27 (1).
- (2019) Big Data Analytics Capabilities and Innovation: The Mediating Role of Dynamic Capabilities and Moderating Effect of the Environment. British Journal of Management. vol. 30 (2).
- (2019) Big data analytics and firm performance: Findings from a mixed-method approach. Journal of Business Research. vol. 98.
- (2019) Investigating the data science skill gap: An empirical analysis. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON. vol. April-2019.
- (2019) Exploring the relationship between big data analytics capability and competitive performance: The mediating roles of dynamic and operational capabilities. Information & Management.
- (2019) Big data and business analytics: A research agenda for realizing business value. Information & Management. vol. 57 (1).
- (2019) Big Data is Power: Business Value from a Process Oriented Analytics Capability. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. vol. 339.
- (2019) Strategic Value Creation through Big Data Analytics Capabilities: A Configurational Approach. IEEE Conference on Business Informatics (CBI),.
- (2019) CO2-based grey-box model to estimate airflow rate and room occupancy. E3S Web of Conferences. vol. 111.
- (2019) Room-level occupancy simulation model for private households. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1343 (1).
- (2019) Carbon dioxide-based occupancy estimation using stochastic differential equations. Applied Energy. vol. 236.
- (2019) A Markov-Switching model for building occupant activity estimation. Energy and Buildings. vol. 183.
- Computer technology
- Information and communication systems
- Information policy
- Knowledge retrieval and organisation
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Data modelling
- Computer supported cooperation
- Mobile informatics
- Object oriented modelling/programming
- Mobile applications & services
- Conceptual Modelling
- IT-supported organizational change
- Public Sector
- Knowledge modelling
- Enterprise modeling
- Information systems modeling
- Process modeling