Background and activities
I am currently on sabbatical and will spend the periode July 2019 - July 2020 at JKMRC - University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- GEOL1005 Geometallurgy
- TGB4240 Process Mineralogy
- GB8402 Advanced Process Mineralogy
Ongoing PhD upervision:
- Camilo Andrés Mena Silva: Effective Sampling and Mineral Characterization at Sibelco Stjernøy - InRec project WP2
- Aleksandra Lang: Geometallurgical flowsheet development and specification at Verdalskalk AS - InRec project WP1
- Ida Røisi: Development of process mineralogical understanding of Norwegian REE deposits and development of methodology
PhD supervised to completion:
- Marte Tøgersen: Increased Recovery of Iron from the Storforsheid Iron Formation (2019)
- Kristin Husebø Hestnes: Development of process mineralogy for optimization and increased value of the mineral production in Sibelco Nordic (2013)
Ongoing research projects:
- InRec - Increased Recovery in the Norwegian Mining Industry by Implementing the Geometallurgical Concept
- MarMine - Exploitation Technologies for Marine Minerals on the Extended Norwegian Continental Shelf
- MiMaC - Norwegian Laboratory for Mineral and Materials Characterisation
- CAMOC - Centre of Advanced Mineral and Ore Characterization
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Mineraler fra nano- til mikroskala. Anleggsmagasinet.
- (2019) Geometallurgical Concepts Used in Industrial Mineral Production. Economic Geology and The Bulletin of the Society of Economic Geologists.
- (2019) Simultaneous leaching of seafloor massive sulfides and polymetallic nodules. Minerals. vol. 9 (8).
- (2018) Efficient extraction of copper and zinc from seafloor massive sulphide rock samples from the Loki's Castle area at the Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge. Minerals Engineering. vol. 115.
- (2018) Galvanic Leaching of Seafloor Massive Sulphides Using MnO2 in H2SO4-NaCl Media. Minerals. vol. 8 (6).
- (2018) Geometallurgical Flowsheet as a Tool for Designing and Communicating Geometallurgical Programs. Minerals. vol. 8 (9).
- (2018) Mineral characterization as a tool in the implementation of geometallurgy into industrial mineral mining. Minerals Engineering. vol. 116.
- (2018) Geometallurgical Approach to the Element-to-Mineral Conversion for the Nabbaren Nepheline Syenite Deposit. Minerals. vol. 8 (8).
- (2018) The effect of graphite filler in sample preparation for automated mineralogy – a preliminary study. Mineralproduksjon. vol. 8.
- (2018) Characterisation of Mineralised Material from the Loki’s Castle Hydrothermal Vent on the Mohn’s Ridge. Minerals. vol. 8 (12).
- (2018) Mineralogy and texture of the Storforshei iron formation, and their effect on grindability. Minerals Engineering. vol. 125.
- (2016) Gull på havbunnen?. Dagens næringsliv.
- (2015) MarMine – Utvinningsteknologier for marine mineraler på den utvidede norske kontinentalsokkelen. Mineralproduksjon. vol. 6.
- (2014) Geometallurgy applied to industrial minerals operations. Mineralproduksjon.
- (2013) Occurrence of iron in industrial granitic pegmatite. Minerals Engineering. vol. 52.
- (2006) Critical Factors for Handling of Quartz. Medellanden från MinFo.
Part of book/report
- (2017) ROV based drilling for deep sea mining exploration. IEEE OCEANS 2017 - Aberdeen.
- (2007) A review of previous work on important properties of quartz for FeSi and Si metal production. INFACON XI: Innovations in the Ferro Ally Industry, Volum 1.
- (2007) Advanced methods to characterize thermal properties of quartz. INFACON XI: Innovations in the Ferro Ally Industry, Volum 1.
- (2006) Quartz for Carbothermic Production of Silicon - effect of the process steps, handling and transport from mine to furnace. Silicon for the chemical industry VIII.
- (2016) NTNU Cruise reports 2016 no 1 - MarMine cruise report Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge 15.08.2016 - 05.09.2016. 2016. NTNU Cruise reports (1).
- (2008) Properties and behavior of quartz for the silicon process. 2008. ISBN 978-82-471-1164-2. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2008:236).