Background and activities
Area of interest
- Smart and Sustainable Built environment (buildings and infrastructure)
- Sustainability assessment (LCA, LCC, SD)
- Digital twin
- Energy demand analysis
- TØL 4010 Life cycle assessment
- TØL 4131 Sustainable building process
- VB8000, Sustainable built environment within digital proses
- Information modelling for GIS-ITS-BIM integration
- Enterprise BIM
- Digital twin for local circular economy
- Block chain powered supply chain
- Reinforcement learning for smart building
Main ongoing projects
- H2020: Geographical island energy flexibility (GIFT), 2018-2021
- NFR-IKT Pluss: Reinforcing the Health Data Infrastructure in Mobility and Assurance through Data Democratization (Health Democratization), 2019-2022
- COST 18204, Dynamics of placemaking and digitization in Europe´s cities, 2019-2022
- IEA: ANNEX 72 (2016-2021)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The environmental impact of rock support for road tunnels: The experience of Norway. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 712.
- (2020) IFC Schemas in ISO/TC 211 Compliant UML for Improved Interoperability between BIM and GIS. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 9 (4).
- (2020) How do age structure and urban form influence household CO2 emissions in road transport? Evidence from municipalities in Norway in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 265.
- (2020) A GIS-based green supply chain model for assessing the effects of carbon price uncertainty on plastic recycling. International Journal of Production Research. vol. 58 (6).
- (2020) Blockchain-Enabled Information Sharing Within a Supply Chain: A Systematic Literature Review. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2019) Application review of LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) in circular economy: From the perspective of PSS (Product Service System). Procedia CIRP. vol. 83.
- (2019) The piezoelectric road status sensor using the frequency scanning method and machine-learning algorithms. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical.
- (2019) Road surface condition detection utilizing resonance frequency and optical technologies. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) The state of the art of material flow analysis research based on construction and demolition waste recycling and disposal. Buildings. vol. 9:207 (10).
- (2019) Adapted Rules for UML Modelling of Geospatial Information for Model-Driven Implementation as OWL Ontologies. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (9).
- (2019) Information exchange between GIS and geospatial ITS databases based on a generic model. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. vol. 8 (3).
- (2018) Carbon emission of global construction sector. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 81.
- (2018) Life cycle assessment and life cycle cost of university dormitories in the southeast China: Case study of the university town of Fuzhou. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 173.
- (2017) Carbon Footprint and Carbon Emission Reduction of Urban Buildings: A Case in Xiamen City, China. Procedia Engineering. vol. 198.
- (2017) Does urbanization lead to less energy use on road transport? Evidence from municipalities in Norway. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 57.
- (2016) A global overview of residential building energy consumption in eight climate zones. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 7 (1).
- (2015) Environmental impact of drill and blast tunnelling: life cycle assessment. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 86.
- (2015) Life cycle assessment of Norwegian road tunnel. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 20 (2).
- (2015) Shelter and residential building energy consumption within the 450 ppm CO2eq constraints in different climate zones. Energy. vol. 90 (1).
- (2014) Residential energy consumption and CO<sub>2</sub> emission in Chongqing, China. Energy Education Science and Technology Part A: Energy Science and Research. vol. 32 (5).